Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Led Dash Lighting

B

bdcmedia

Hi all. Well I have just finished changing all the little green led's (except the radio) in my VZ SS. After having PHREDDY put together and unbeleivable LED kit with full instructions it has turned out to look amazing. What I did with the steering wheel controls was to make them RED to got with the red stitching on the steering wheel. If any of you are planning on doing this, I recommend you either ask PHREDDY to do it or be VERY good with soldering and electronics as the surface mount LED's are very fragile and you really only get one go at putting them on! Having said that it was great fun and I highly recommend you give PHREDDY a PM and do it. His instructions are VERY comprehensive and really dont leave you asking "What The?"

Well, I hope you enjoy my pics, I am sorry about the quality but it is hard to take photos of lights without using flash!!!

Brett

Attachments

• LED1.jpg
    LED1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 3,422
  • LED2.jpg
    LED2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 3,014
  • LED3.jpg
    LED3.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 8,054
  • LED4.jpg
    LED4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,922

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Looks great mate. You done a good job of the LED's yourself. I wonder if he used any of the pics from when he did my car lol

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
looks grouse,like the red on the steering wheel controls,hope some one does all red soon like to see that,full credit to phreddy,for putting these kits together.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Well done Brett! First class job.

G'Day again all, hope everyone's doin' OK.

Love the red buttons - perfect on the SS, or other which has the red stitched leather wrap. Sweet! :D

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm really pleased that a kit is viable, given of course that the installer has sufficient skills and experience.

Cheerz!

A

ADVENTRA_DUDE

Can you tell me what it costs to do a conversion like this and where to get the leds from? Is it possible to get a set of instructions for this?

PLAYTM

Reaction score
that looks unreal... heaps better than the ugly green, cant wait to get this done to my vy ss... phreddy u have a pm and email....

molantz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
Hope there are a peeps at holden lookin at Phreddy's great work! No doubt the VE will have Blue LEDS!! hehe

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
HAH! Yeah, but I'll bet the bastards don't pay me fer it!! :D

S

stew7700

Colour LCD Interior screen(s) for the VE you blokes reckon? Surely atleast in the Calais/berlina at least...

matt8

Reaction score
Hey Phreddy, I am interested n modding my vz crewman. Could you give me a D.I.Y. price for the lot in Blue? Thanks <[email protected]>