Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Led Dash Lighting

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
hrm, which i could get this done in melbourne...
id love the blue conversion

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
jaisvz said:
hrm, which i could get this done in melbourne...
id love the blue conversion
Yeah me to mate.I dont think phreddy will he is a very busy bloke these days',
due to his dash installations'.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
LOL!!

G'day all, sorry I've been a bit quiet - busier than a one armed painter with crabs! :rofl:

Thanks for those recommendations guys - you're embarrasing me! :embarrass

Fair dinkum though, the day job has kept me racing about lately, and by the time I get home I'm usually knackered! Shortsta, if you're reading this thread I'll reply to your e-mail soon Mate, sorry about that.

Give me just a little while to get my arse connected properly and I'll get into some of this.

Cheerz!

sh@dow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
HAY! so it CAN be done. I had that idea suggested to me by friends, but as much as I wanted it, I didn't think it could be done. Now that i've seen it, I joined just to say that looks AWSOME!!!:thumbsup:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Thanks Mate - LOL!! You've revived an old thread here!

In the recent past there has been a development on "colour morph" needles for speedo and tach, I've actually started doing VEs now, and just ironing out the last wrinkles with VT/VX conversions Woo-hoo!!

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

sh@dow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
no worries, actually found this by accident while looking for info on berlina dashes (I wanted the added info from the triple screen display, although I don't think that will happen unless I replace the whole dash)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
No, you can fit a three window trip computer type cluster (from Berlina / Calais) into the standard models, you just need to get the Holden guys to recode it with the Tech 2 - all the plugs are the same. (as long as you make sure you get a VZ cluster - a VY one won't work... Different connector)

aperfectcircle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute 04 VYIISS 5.7 M6
Thanks Mate - LOL!! You've revived an old thread here!

In the recent past there has been a development on "colour morph" needles for speedo and tach, I've actually started doing VEs now, and just ironing out the last wrinkles with VT/VX conversions Woo-hoo!!

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

Colour Morphing.
I remember asking this some time ago.
Ive still got that link.
So is it doable in the VY/Z's as well?
Have you got a small video or pictures of this happening.
:thumbsup:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
The buttons don't light up in Exec, Lumina, Acclaim, S, SV6 manual, and VY-I SS.
They do light up in later SS, Calais, Berlina, SV6 auto, Monaro, and HSV models.

And before you ask, it is possible to do but it means the "clockspring" (the rotating thing that gets the electrical contacts to the wheel) has to be replaced along with wires added to the harness, not the mention the wheel button pods need to be pulled apart and the LEDs and resistors need to be soldered in. Oh, by the way - I got the price on a clockspring from Holden - even at trade it was over $300. (needless to say I didn't worry any further about my wheel buttons lighting up)

Jamie - got the colour change thing happening not all that long ago. However it only works if the needles are white in colour, so that when the lights are on the back of the needle reflects the different coloured light.