Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Dash Lights

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
another one

i guess if someone wants me to do em up a colour combo i could try... cos i get bored easy and always want something to do :p

Attachments

• rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 802
V

VZSV6

around parra area. i would.t mind even white leds in the cluster and the blue ones where the dials go. just let us know when u can, and how much plz.
you can call me on 0404364441

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hi All.

Hmmmm - Sorry wheelz, I don't think there's any such thing as a purple LED!

(not that I'm aware of anyway.)

Up until not long ago there was no such thing as white or blue LEDs either - only in the last few years.

White LEDs are possible, but OUCH! They're EXPENSIVE! (the white SMD devices in small quantities, anyway.)

Oh - one other thing...

Someone (can't remember who - sorry!!) gave me a link to eBay where some bloke overseas was selling quantities of 50 and up of blue surface mount LEDs for a fairly good price - anyone who might be tempted BE CAREFUL! I checked it out, and they're a different package type to the ones in use and likely won't fit as well. Also not sure about the dispersion angle either - often the smaller package devices have a narrower beam width, which could cause "dark and light" patches through the dials.

I could look into larger quantities of white LEDs if there's enough interest, but I already have over $600 invested in this, and I'm running out of money! :my:

Anyway, updates as they happen folks....

Cheerz!

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Exec 3.8L V6
hey purple led's are available but are hard to find....

my cents worth

cheers
AL

M

mad_monaro

Hey Phreddy :king: ,

Is this mod available on a 2002/03 Monaro?? :confused:

Cheers

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Thanks Al, I wasn't real sure. (I guess if they can make PINK LEDs, well....) ;)

I'll bet the price of 'em would make you feel a bit ill though!

Hey Mad_monaro - that would be a VY, correct?

If so, definitely possible - in fact encouraged!! :D

PM me for details if you like.

Cheerz!

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
OK I have had a request for both the window lights and the gear lights, so here they are :)

The letters in the gear selector are green, while the selector section (Where the red bit indicates the gear) is in blue. The green is noticeable, but only just

Attachments

• DSCF5617.JPG
    DSCF5617.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 695
X

xcapee

gotta admit thats a funky look phreddy !!
definately job well done

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'Day All.

I'm still head down-bum up! (a whole lot of sh#t has hit the fan at work in the last few days, that hasn't helped)

VZSV6 - PM sent. ;)

Sorry about the delays folks, but I am trying to cover all bases here. I've discovered that V8s need an extra LED in the cluster, as the tacho is slightly different. I'm doing the ignition switch ring LED a bit differently, as there was a problem which came to light. (no pun intended!! :D ) Also that certain buttons - whilst they're exactly the same apart from the cap on top (like the Trac control, and Pwr/Econ mode), the wiring polarity to the contacts is reversed!! :bang: I'm covering all these curly issues in the document though, and I'm also going to write a quick FAQ to answer people's initial questions.

Thanks all - not much longer now!!

Cheerz.