Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Light Options

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S

seo75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina
Has anyone else noticed these lights doing the rounds on ebay?

Ignoring the fact that some wanky american has called them "blinglights" what do people think?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-Commodore-1997-2006-LED-Fog-LIGHTS-lamp-OMEGA-VE_W0QQitemZ170094790626QQihZ007QQcategoryZ102560QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ShippingPayment

Although I wouldn't go for the blue ones the white seem like a good alternative to paying top dollar for SS fog lights.

Opinions? Anyone purchased these?

I want a pair of those! Bought some yet to tell us if they work? :)

Blue would be illegal in places such as Queensland where it is specifically illegal to have any blue-coloured light visible from the front of a vehicle. I want some in white to match the white 1W LED parkers and 'white' H9-cum-H11 bulbs in my headlights.

The BlingLights (yes, terrible name) website page for that product is here, and the 78mm width appears to be perfect.

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II Karma SV6 Sedan
hey Seo75, where abouts did you get your 1W LED parkers from? And do you have them in a VY? I saw a guy with blue LED parkers in his VY, but it looked stupid as hell. White ones would kick ass i think though!

Petersr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
Got mine from Kmart ... its the only mod I've done... so far !! LED parkers , that is!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I have seen cars in Europe with these LED headlights, they brighten the road pretty good and last a life time.

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Has anyone else noticed these lights doing the rounds on ebay?

Ignoring the fact that some wanky american has called them "blinglights" what do people think?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-Commodore-1997-2006-LED-Fog-LIGHTS-lamp-OMEGA-VE_W0QQitemZ170094790626QQihZ007QQcategoryZ102560QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ShippingPayment

Although I wouldn't go for the blue ones the white seem like a good alternative to paying top dollar for SS fog lights.

Opinions? Anyone purchased these?

They would only be good as a bling bling thing and useless as fog lights as they won't shine far or flat enough. Fog lights have to be a flat beam and as close to the ground as possible.
I have seen cars in Europe with these LED headlights, they brighten the road pretty good and last a life time.

I think you may mean Xenon.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
They would only be good as a bling bling thing and useless as fog lights as they won't shine far or flat enough. Fog lights have to be a flat beam and as close to the ground as possible.

I think you may mean Xenon.

I'm not sure, but they looked like little LED's..

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
A few cars are starting to come out with LED headlights now, like the Lexus LS and Audi R8, and there will be more soon.
led_headlights.jpg

nuvolari08.jpg