Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Lighting

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
bit late but eh

trying to find some LED stop globes as i think they would last a hell of alot longer than the standard globes.. just seeing if anyone has actually got these ?
4tear1156-83x115.jpg

they also have ebay site
http://stores.ebay.com.au/BRIGHT-LIGHT-AUTO-PARTS
also anyone have diff colour lights under dash ?
anyone have pics ?

im not into all the bling bling fully sick under car neons that light when ur sub goes eh.. just lookin for diff look Interior as in under dash lights facing the feet etc.. but cant find many pics etc

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
mrc25381 said:
People,

www.brightlightautoparts.com they have heaps of cool stuff, including 39mm 8 led festoons for the dome lights.
Does anyone know if any of their leds will fit straight into the instrument cluster of a VX?
I'm no good at soldering so I'm trying to avoid that method.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
troyjm310 said:
bit late but eh

trying to find some LED stop globes as i think they would last a hell of alot longer than the standard globes.. just seeing if anyone has actually got these ?
4tear1156-83x115.jpg

they also have ebay site
http://stores.ebay.com.au/BRIGHT-LIGHT-AUTO-PARTS
also anyone have diff colour lights under dash ?
anyone have pics ?

im not into all the bling bling fully sick under car neons that light when ur sub goes eh.. just lookin for diff look Interior as in under dash lights facing the feet etc.. but cant find many pics etc

Check out ebay in yank land, they seem to have nice looking LEDS, I bought indicator bulbs and a festoon bulb from a place in HK, the festoon lamp is a 9 led (XENON type [BS]), has blue tinge tho, I'm still waiting for the LED compatible relay from the states.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
12Voltking said:
HmmmmmIt shouldn't affect them at all. The only tihng I can think of though. Is that your LEDs are drawing much less power then the original globes. It may be thinking that you have your foot on the brake because of the load difference. Even still with that being said. It shouldn't change anything until you actually use the brake( it may not realise that you have taken your foot off) Try putting the bulbs back in and see what happens.

I replaced the two inner bulbs in the garnish, now the red warning light comes on saying bulb is out, what do you have trick to turn that warning light off?

ssn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS Supercharged
just use a 330ohm resistor per negative lead of your LED's which will allow your led's to run on 12v safely :D

i'm going to be doing this to all of my interior, especially my boost gauge and monsta tacho etc.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
ssn8r said:
just use a 330ohm resistor per negative lead of your LED's which will allow your led's to run on 12v safely :D

i'm going to be doing this to all of my interior, especially my boost gauge and monsta tacho etc.

I have 12v led bulbs, I need to trick the relay to think there is a bulb in the sockets.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Standard relays are load dependant. This means it relies on a load to flash at its normal rate. If you put a led in you remove the load and so the system will flash faster than it should (the same will happen if a bulb blows). The best idea is to get a compatable relay that is made for use with leds. These relays do not look for a load and will flash normally. A comment was made earlier that leds last longer. Well they may, but I do know from experience that they also fail now and again. Bulbs will last a long time. I own a VR and alot of the bulbs on the car are stock from when the car was built (12 years ago). Thats a long time really. Why would it matter if leds are going to last so many hundred thousand hours, you will never get that much use from them. Unfortunatly leds do sometimes fail after just a few hours of use and it can be a real pain. Not that I have anything against them, i think they are great if setup properly. If installing them in the dash try and get some that have a wide viewing angle. Most manufacturers will give this to you in their specifications. Otherwise you will get a really bright spot in one place but dull in another. Or you can cover it with a bit of wax paper to disperse the light.

kopper69