Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED tail lights

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
i had adr approved on my old vt, it depends on the cop you get. i got done for speeding and she looked at my tail lights and said they are NOT legal, i said yes they are theyre adr approved, she said she doesnt have a problem with them but another officer might. take your own risk i suppose, personally go the s2 lights with a calais garnish cant get much better looking than that

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Aslong as they r black they'll always look good :)

make sure they have their own relectors on them tho, if they dont then yes they r illegal.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Id defect you for having excessive rice on a commodore, good thing im not a police officer

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i have heard that LED tail lights are illegal if they do not come stock on the car, like the new toyota hiluxs

is this true or am i able to buy a set of tail lights that are led and i wont have a problem with the police

good edit

doesn't matter cops will hassle you for being young and driving a vt/vx

i'm 46, you should see what cops go through to pull me over and i'm doing nothing wrong

apparently all dark commodores with tinted windows are prime suspect for, either drug use or selling drugs

dumb ####s :rofl2:

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
good edit

doesn't matter cops will hassle you for being young and driving a vt/vx

i'm 46, you should see what cops go through to pull me over and i'm doing nothing wrong

apparently all dark commodores with tinted windows are prime suspect for, either drug use or selling drugs

dumb ####s :rofl2:

well im f*cked then.. black commodore with dark black tint and green p plates hahaha

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
pfft slammmed on 20s V8 with green p plates and never been pulled over.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
mate they arent illegal, ive got them on mine and never had an issue before.

and as for the guy that said they are ugly as f**k LOL! i love mine :) chromes are ugly though, each to their own i suppose .

230648_209647925726794_100000447637754_709776_5379686_n.jpg

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
looks aside (since thats where the threads going), as wraith said as long as their approved by the ADR's they should be okay. Most of the dark tinted lights aren't but some are if you can find them..

Ive had one of the head police officers from where i live pull me over and he commented on how good they look. :S .. He says he thinks there a good idea coz if one LED blows you still have another 20 odd to keep the light working lol.. He didnt mind but i wouldnt go showing them off to them lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
mate they arent illegal, ive got them on mine and never had an issue before.

and as for the guy that said they are ugly as f**k LOL! i love mine :) chromes are ugly though, each to their own i suppose .

230648_209647925726794_100000447637754_709776_5379686_n.jpg

They must with the ADRs with colors and luminescence (most do). You also need to consider the car they are going onto as it is a requirement that cars have red colored reflectors facing rearwards to help with approaching cars seeing them when it's dark. The tail lights depicted above will fail this test. Fit them to a VX that has reflectors fitted to the rear bumper and you should be fine. Just because the police don't book you for it doesn't mean it isn't legal.

Reaper