Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Left side speakers don't work

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey all, i am running a set of 6 by 9's and a set of 6 inches off my amp as well as my sub (5 channel amp), and the back factory speakers off the stock head unit.

I have just noticed that the left speakers that are running off my amp do not work at all, but the left stock speaker does work, and all right side speakers work.

Do you think this is just a wiring problem or could it be possible iv'e blown certain channels in the amp?

Sorry for the quick message i'm just in a hurry, any help appreciated,

Cheers guys:thumbsup:

P.S I'm in a VZ SV6, using converters for the head unit to run my amp and speakers (not for too long thanks to preddy though!)

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Try unplugging your RCAs and swapping the right with the left on the amp......if the left side works then its your RCAs.

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks holdenboy, i tried moving RCA's around and the weird thing is that when i had 2 certain plugs in spots the left side was working (but not the right side), once i added the last two rca's only the right side started to work?

And no matter what combination i do with all 4 RCA's, the right side is the only one that works.

Now i'm even more confused than before because all speakers work just not at the same time! At least perhaps im getting closer to the problem?

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
well thats telling you that all speakers are connected to the amp properly, and that the problem is coming through the amp to the the line converter your using on your system.

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks luke...is it an easy fix at all? For all i know it could have been like this since i got it installed because it doesn't necessarily sound bad at all, it's still loud etc. but when i put my ear up closer to the speakers on the passenger side-boom! No sound

I'm getting new speakers installed tomorrow in the front (splits) and if it would be relatively cheap to get them to fix it then and there i'll ask them to do that too..

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
no there not touching metal. its an amp or signal problem. Just get whoever is putting the speakers in to have a look for you

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ok so the guy looked at it. Apparently whoever installed it (being guys at autobarn) put the RCA's in backwards or something. Strange that i never noticed, none of my passengers ever noticed either :S

Anyway so problem solved (i hope) and i have to book the car in next week some time to get it re-wired and fixed up whcih will cost about 120 bucks incl. tune of the system.

Thanks for your help guys :)

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
RCA's in backwards? .... why can't that be fixed at the amp end?, should cost almost nothing.
System tune and playing with RCA's ... $120 !!, gees, I'm moving my business to Melbourne !!!

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
RCA's in backwards? .... why can't that be fixed at the amp end?, should cost almost nothing.
System tune and playing with RCA's ... $120 !!, gees, I'm moving my business to Melbourne !!!

Nah he has to pull the head unit out and re-wire the whole lot, basically the autobarn guys just stuffed up some wiring in all sorts of places.

But when i picked up the car the guy said he'd do it all for free because it's jsut nowhere near as good as it should be, so im taking it in on tuesday and will have a completely different system :)