Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

legal ve ute springs

TomHasAbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
hi i recently got a ve sv6 thunder Ute and was thinking about lowering it does anyone know what is the lowest I can go legally on it it and will I have to tell my insurance company if I do so it is completely stock. and could making it under the 100mm clearance rule end up with a claim denied in the case of an accident due to it technically being unroadworthy ?
thanks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You won't want it under the 100mm regardless. I already have to basically stop for speed humps. Some driveways I can't get up as it scrapes the underside once you get near the top and it goes level, driveway cross overs are a nightmare at times and I'm at about 100mm. Adelaide airport catpark I have to stop at the bottom of the ramp and slowly creep out or I will scrape my bumper cover. As for those concrete strip's at the end of parking spaces, I can't get my bumper cover over many, only if it's very low.

So if you want anything less than 100mm be aware you will seriously restrict where you can drive, and as most supermarket carparks have speed humps make sure you don't take the ute.

TomHasAbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
ok thanks would king SSL springs be all right or is that to low for bumps and stuff i have 19 inch rims if that makes a difference as well would it be roadworthy ?

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
19s won't help as the rolling diameter will most likely be the same as those running 18s.

Can't help you in regards to Kings as I run Walkinshaw coils.

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
hi i recently got a ve sv6 thunder Ute and was thinking about lowering it does anyone know what is the lowest I can go legally on it it and will I have to tell my insurance company if I do so it is completely stock. and could making it under the 100mm clearance rule end up with a claim denied in the case of an accident due to it technically being unroadworthy ?
thanks
sounds like your asking questions you already known the answers like an @OldBomb
Is your ute named Brian Taylor :p

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
thanks
Ask your insurance company.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If the car is unroadworthy, the insurance company can deny a claim if you are in an accident