Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legalities of driving half a car!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hi guys,

Recently had a stupid bike accident and can't drive a manual for a while. Only Auto car that i have is the vr ss that i am doing up.

My question is, what are the legalities of driving the car without rear seats or passenger seat. Also, what are legalities of driving without centre console, glovebox, fuse cover, roof lining etc?

I am unsure if it is a roadworthy issue as the seat is correctly installed, mechanically A1 with all mirrors, windows etc.

I did get pulled over once before with the car in its current state and did not recieve a yellow sticker. I did however recieve other unrelated fines that may have made the cops not worry about the roadworthy issue.

Any help would b appreciated.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
make sure the seat is in properly, and that all the light work, even the shifter lights. Roof lining is kinda needed, but you could probably get away with it.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
The seats in very good, is the original seat while im making the brackets for vt coulson seats. Also no sunvisors in at moment but rearview mirror is in!

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
For the first time in history, you could voluntarily get a check done by the RTA? Bet nobody haas ever gone in there by free will before lol. Although I suppose if you do that they'd fine you for driving it there if it's considered defective :rolleyes:

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
For the first time in history, you could voluntarily get a check done by the RTA? Bet nobody haas ever gone in there by free will before lol. Although I suppose if you do that they'd fine you for driving it there if it's considered defective :rolleyes:

You can go first! Stuff that! hehe. I dare say that legally i could get fined for it but it would have to be a pretty unhappy cop having a bad day!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You need to check local laws and ADR's.

I dare say if you got pulled over, you would be rick rolled by police.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
He could just put an indiginous accent on and probably get away with it anyway minux.

jono1492

DTD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
From my experience, you don't actually have to have anything wrong with your car to get stickered(I got stickered because the cop "thought" it was too loud, after a visit to the pits, it wasn't). If the cop wants to give you a sticker, he probably will knowing there's a good chance there will be one or two things unroadworthy about the interior

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
You need to check local laws and ADR's.

I dare say if you got pulled over, you would be rick rolled by police.

It could go either way. I got pulled over in my VP with only the drivers seat and nothing was said. Make sure all the lights etc work and that nobody is sitting in or attempting to sit where a seat should be and you should be ok. WA state laws may be different to vic in that respect however.

Reaper

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
youll probably get reamed if you get pulled over.

your car is regod as a 5 seat passenger vehicle not having 5 seats will be an issue.