Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

level 1 cluster to level 2 for my vn

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
hi,

i hav a 89 vn berlina, i would like to fit a level 2 cluster because i would like to have a tacho. atm i have a level 1.
if i pick on up from the wreckers can i just pull the old one out and replace or isnt the right wires ther for it?? :confused:

also with the amount of km the cluster has on it, can i wind it back to suit my old one. appariently my friend can wind this model back.?

thanks,
Beefy

D

Duck_vp

put it straight in it will work you only need more wires for a level 3

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
beefcream said:
hi,

i hav a 89 vn berlina, i would like to fit a level 2 cluster because i would like to have a tacho. atm i have a level 1.
if i pick on up from the wreckers can i just pull the old one out and replace or isnt the right wires ther for it?? :confused:

also with the amount of km the cluster has on it, can i wind it back to suit my old one. appariently my friend can wind this model back.?

thanks,
Beefy

Just swap the speedo over, to keep your km's

habro

Resident Car Hack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
i dont know of any guide for it [although i always say get a gregorys manual] but you cant stuff anything up as long as you remember exactly where everything went

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
has anyone got pics of the cluster apart?? ar the wire looms all ther and is ther just one plug or do i have to do something special??

how do u swap over the speedo

S

ssxlr8

you just unscreaw the old one pull out gently push the new one in .No unpluging anything then just screw back together.

TriK

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Berlina II sedan
the level one im guessing is the same as mine where it has the fuel on the right and then speed in the middle and temperature on the right. With the level two you say it has the tacho....im guessing thats the rpm meter thing? And it all just works fine if you put it straight on? my car being an 88 VN Commodore.

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
I went up from a lvl1 to a lvl2 and i tell you.. i know less then 99% of most ppl and all i had to do was undo the screws pull the old 1 out, plug the new 1 in re-do the screws.

Its just that simple! No tampering around or joining wires plug&play :D

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Level 1 has a Large speedo in the middle, and small fuel and temp gauge either side.

Level 2 has Large speedo in middle, medium tacho on the left, and small fuel and temp on right.

Not too sure, as i only have VP L3, but i think the colours are slightly different, or maybe the font on the numbers is different between level 1 and 2. Not 100% sure, but worth checking before you pull everything appart.