Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lifter inspection and maybe replacement

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
After the saga with timing chains replacement and sludge removal my vz has a click/ rattle in the head that comes and goes randomly and is in different places .
I have a oil pressure gauge on the engine and it idles at around 20 lbs and at 2500 gets to 70 lbs so I reckon the oil pressure is fine.
Any suggestions ... I really covered the rockers and lifters and cams in degreaser to get loosen up the sludge and plugged the drains to the sump and vacuumed it up all the stuff that moved and it looked pretty clean when I was finished.
I knew something would run into the sump so I took it off and cleaned vacuumed everything and all the drain channels in the block and pickup screen and sump.
Before I pulled it apart originally it had a diesel like noise that I assumed was the chains /tensioners but I now am starting to think it might have been all the lifters starving for oil pressure and it's still there.
What should I do ? Could I have blocked/ damaged something in the head by degreasing it?
Is it possible that it will improve with some running at speed with some constant higher oil pressure .