Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

light as a feather, handling crap

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Before you go spending money on what people have suggested here, go to a suspension place and tell them your concerns..... Most places will do a free Suspension check for you.....

grigor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, R31, R33
steering

Great car up to 100, pretty scary after that. Get it checked for worn Panhard bushes, front wheel bearings etc etc.
After 100, my VS steering is just way too sensitive and I can understand people coming to grief doing a high speed passing manouvre at 120+
Don't later model Commos have varying ratio rack and pinion?
My R33 is just beautiful to steer at speed, although slightly more heavy around town, so it really depends what your used to driving.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
dyn4mic said:
lowering your car will only make handling worsequote]

how does lowering ur car make handling worse?

Making the car closer to the ground lowers the car centre of gravity making it more stable, plus fitting stiffer springs dosnt make it lean as much around corners, i fitted pedders sports ryders 2in lowr in back and 1.5in lower in front to my calais and the handling improved a whole lot, esp at 110km/h the car dosnt move just sits stable even when cornering, otherwise why are hsv's lower than standard and v8 supercars almost scraping the ground, makes them handle real good
i agree with u about coil overs tho, they're a really good setup.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
I know my car feels a tad light at round 130km mark.. iv had it lowered and all the balances n **** done... maybe there just like that.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
maybe cos the calais weighs more i cant feel it??

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
oh wickid thanks guys. its not that the car is too light, it just feels like it. ovbiously since my vl went better as in sticking to the road at speeds its not the weight. i will get it looked at next week hopefully, time permitting but yeh. thanks for prompt replys.

what are these coil overs some of you mentioned?

could be shocks
wheel alignment
wheel balance
tyre pressure
pan hard rod bushes
front wheel bearings
ride hight (possibly)
dif movement