Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

light in hazard flasher dashboard switch unit.

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
VT V6.
Has anyone changed the globe in a hazard flasher switch? How did it go?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Has anyone changed the globe in a hazard flasher switch?
Yes, I attempted to change the globe in a hazard flasher switch once. It was like walking through a tunnel blindfolded while juggling pineapples... There were moments of triumph and despair, with a dash of unexpected discoveries thrown in for good measure. If attempted, it's a journey that will embolden you to take on any skilled automotive work armed only with screwdrivers and a questionable understanding of electrical circuits. Your life will never be the same afterwards.
How did it go?
Depends how you look at it... The silver lining is that I can now rent my car out to DJs when they're performing at doofs. If you tune the radio into just the right frequency, the lights will flash in time to the music. It's pretty neat.

Dude, it's just a dash globe. If you've done one, you've done them all, really. You remove all the bits covering the globe, remove the globe, replace it with a shiny new one and put all the covering bits back over it. Done.