Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Little F()CKERS!!!!!!

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
Yea im so parranoid when i park my car anywhere else from home. I allways dead lock my car and allways club lock it. With my gear stick (auto) i put a little lock about the same size of a combo lock on it, this way they actualy cant lift the lever for the stick to be changed into another gear so if they did try to steal it they woulden be able to put it in gear. I got that tip off a friend with a VL any you guys do that with your gear stick?

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3
cacaman said:
Yea im so parranoid when i park my car anywhere else from home. I allways dead lock my car and allways club lock it. With my gear stick (auto) i put a little lock about the same size of a combo lock on it, this way they actualy cant lift the lever for the stick to be changed into another gear so if they did try to steal it they woulden be able to put it in gear. I got that tip off a friend with a VL any you guys do that with your gear stick?

I've always done that with any of the older commodores i've had, it's a pretty good idea. I didn't realise you could do that with the shifter in newer commodores, i'll have to suss that one out.
:thumbsup:

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I seem to remember doing the padlock-between-the-handle-and-the-shift-lever trick on either our VC or VK...can't recall which. It makes it virtually impossible to take the car.

...of course, doesn't stop them f*#king up your interior in anger afterwoods...

With our other cars if we were leaving it in, say, Brisbane at a car park, I'd pop the bonnet and remove the dizzy rotor.

..erm...but hard to do that with our VX Lumina....:D

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
3800VH said:
That sucks

About 2 months ago I woke up 3 am with a weird felling in my gut. So i got up went to the kitchen been quite to make sure i didnt wake the wife.I see lights out by my car, i go out the back way and around the front been very quite and i see my pride and joy on bricks and a black person trying to undo my wheel nut when the car is in the air. i waited a few momments and look some more sure enff a white dude trying to get my amp and sub out the boot. lunged out at the back guy trying to steal my rim and king hit him and was KOed and ran round the the white guy grabed his leg and put him in the boot. I opened my wifes boot and put the other guy in there and rung the cops.

The same 2 guys had robed about 40 other people cars in the area, well thats what the cops said.they both got 4 years jail
Good you caught them,they should funken lock them up and throw away the funken key.Dirty scum bags.

C

CustomVN

Another good one is to remove the dizzy lead, thats my anti-theft measure for our bunky corolla :D

If anything, its a good idea to tell the cops incase they recover the stolen property down the track then you'd get it back.

This may be a stupid question but do you have an alarm on your car UCWEPN?
A stereo is only as good as the alarm that protects it in the end..

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I thought people would have realised by now that the dizzy lead removal doesn't work.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
alarm with multi point immobiliser.. thats what i want to get.. gotta save.. dont trust people near the vk, especially considering the amount of theives in Epping..

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
I thought thieives attack my car because of stereo due to my sub only being in 2 days, but it was a random attack and they couldn't get into my vl the vl accross the road or the vk two doors down...stupid f**kers.

I know how you'd feel about the cd wallet, i would be devested if mine were taken as i have a 72 and a 24 wallet both full with extras in them.

V

vlwalky_chick

Couldn't have done it better if i tried lol i wouldn't be happy if i seen a bunch of kids tryna get into my car,i tell ya now they'd be lying across the gutter bout to get there knee's jumped on lol so sick of ppl stealing from other ppl,it's not on... grrrrrrrr