Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

living with an exec

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
I waited almost a year to find a pearl white mazda 6. i'm thinking of getting a white calais, but unfortunately the combination of white with cream leather is extremely rare. Because i'll be looking at the interior more, the cream leather takes preference. I think if you wait it out, the right car will turn up (as it did in my case). White looks pretty classy - when it's clean.

Re. the Berlina, i personally wouldn't buy an executive. There are a few creature comforts that you'll miss out on, and in my opinion, it's not worth adding in climate control etc. to an executive (if that's what you want).

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I dunno I had my heart set on an SV6 after mum had them as company cars and I refused to take anything else.

BUT I ended up with an acclaim. Being EX police it sat and drove nice, and I likes the wheels the sales had put on it, and Im glad I brought it. Its hardly boring with things like 6 stacker, Ipod mod, RCA mod, SS dash going in tomorrow, HBD SS steering wheel, SS alloy pedals, SS echaust, Calais handbrake and shifter leavers etc and is cheaper on insurance.

Theres alot that can be done

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
there is alot that can be done, but by the time you add all that stuff your back up to the price of the berlina with a car that is still worth the same as every other acclaim, if not less

just wait for a berlina to pop up, there a **** load out there,

arrow

Reaction score
thanks for the comments guys,
It pretty much sounds like i should wait for the right berlina to pop up!
damn i just want it now!! lol

VZMAX

I THE GREAT
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz
Hi mate

As ashbox said above look for svz...I have a 06 model svz in oddessey...its got everything...sports leather seats( anthracite with leather inserts), leather steering wheel, satin gear knob, steering inserts, handbrake, 17" wheels, berlina style front bumper bar and fog lamps, six cd stacker. I was lucky I got It with just 6080 k's on it.:w00t: You might be lucky 2 find a white with around 35-45 k's somewhere around 17-20k.:)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I've owned and modded an Exec, it's not worth it purely from a financial perspective.

The amount you'd spend to put the extra suspension, interior parts, body kits, wheels etc costs far more than just buying the spec you really want.

When it comes sale time, it gets valued as whatever the original spec was, so it it's an Exec, it's valued as an Exec, even if you've made it into a Calais.

Colour means **** all really, you hardly see it when you're driving.

arrow

Reaction score
I've owned and modded an Exec, it's not worth it purely from a financial perspective.

The amount you'd spend to put the extra suspension, interior parts, body kits, wheels etc costs far more than just buying the spec you really want.

When it comes sale time, it gets valued as whatever the original spec was, so it it's an Exec, it's valued as an Exec, even if you've made it into a Calais.

This is a very good point! i didnt really think about that.
i can only spend about 14g as well. and the svz seems to be a little out of that range.
life's tough! lol

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
If you spend the time looking around you would be able to find an SV6 in white, and have things like the FE2 suspension, 5spd box or 6spd manual, bodykit (thinking about taking the wing off mine ... not sure...) LSD diff (provided its after first 1/4 05') srs airbags etc etc. And insurance? Damn I think some people are either young or getting ripped off :) I'm paying $650 a year for full comprehensive through Western QBE insurance.

I managed to pick my SV6 up as an ex corporate car from Woodside, only had 65k on the clock and set me back $19k. FULL logbook history and NEVER missed a service. At the time every single other car I looked at of the same model (different yards of course) were around 25-27k. (this was in July this year, and I had been looking for about 5 months).

My point being that if you want something and dont want to fork out the money making it into something else just to enjoy it, put aside a little more cash and get what you ACTUALLY want as a car instead of shellin gout for it all later. Resell value will thank you for it and you won't have the headache of downtime when you are getting work done to it. Sometimes it's better to have patience and just live with what we have until we can afford what we want :thumbsup:

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
The Calais looks **** hot in white. When I was looking for a Calais, it had to be in blue, white or silver. The chrome bits make the white stand out. The first VZ Calais I found was silver with cream leather and I was instantly sold on it. As said above, cream leather is hard to come by but looks a lot better than the black leather (IMO).

Rather than get an exec, I would look a bit further up the range. Equipes are good for the money.