Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Local Holden dealer rant (dealers name has been removed)

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Purchased a ssv approx 2 months ago had a few issues on pick up i always start my cars up and take it for a quick drive b4 i sign and hand over the balance.
Had a very loud noise on take off and steering was a bit heavy (not normal)
Was told we will fixed it at the 1st service
Said NO WAY i dont want the car all fluids were full.
I cancelled my contract and was forced by the dealer principle to sign or else (what a bully) :ranting:
Holden understood my concern and said they will deal with it and advised me to go to another dealer so i did. Alot was said to me by the dealer like waste our time blah blah blah (sell me a working car)
My advise stay away from [REMOVED]. :upyours::rant::censored:
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE
I was at this dealer today looking at a ve calais v, walked out after talking to one of the blokes for no more then 2 minutes.

+1 on advising people not to go there.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Thats **** as.....pretty sure your under no obligation to sign at all and even if you did you still legally have cooling off period so you could have taken it round the block and came back and said i changed my mind....but any way the dealer just wanted the commision i would have challanged him to the or else and said see you in court than!! as previos said you ordered a brand new fully functional car and wouldnt be cheap mind you it may develop niggly faults as it goes which cars do but straight off the floor not acceptabe...id go to another dealer

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Did you buy it new or second hand? A mate of mine bought a second hand ve ss from them last year without any hassles, they were very friendly & easy to deal with especially with a couple of minor warranty issues.

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi (y try) bought it new which is even more of a disappointment.
(ignitionsv6) cooling off period was there but i think if u sign u pay 3% of the price if u take delivery and on my conditions i put subject 2 finance even if u dont want finance always put it on and if they piss u off just go 4 a loan and say u dont work 2 get rejected (if u no what i mean)
(lumina01) so u no 1st hand what i mean
(tinsnips) didnt lose any money and a new car is meant to be a new car.
After the dealer principle was giving me grief i had 2 ring my dad and tell him 2 come and stick up 4 me (yes iam a girl) thats y i think they gave me this car thinking maybe we can get rid of the car thinking maybe in a accident prob there fault and slapped it 2gether.
I did at least know what that sound was no normal but an elderly couple if were scammed like this they prob would just keep taking it back and just not good
If these deters one person 2 buy from there i will b happy.
p.s the amount of ppl who have read this forum i should have told u guys to come help me a the dealer lol
Mary

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hi Mary. In a case like that, you get whoever you can to help you so good work for standing up to them. It's crap that there are still dealers around that treat buyers like that. It's bad enough that customer service is so poor if you want to get your car serviced there.

Glad you found a dealer you were comfortable with to get your car. Enjoy it!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
What's the problem? They offered to fix the issue. I hardly see how it's fair to slag off a dealer when they have attempted to do the right thing. They don't build the car, they just sell it so the issue is with the manufacturer. They have done absolutely nothing wrong.. they provided the product you purchased and honored the factory warranty. Honestly, I see it as an isolated incident and it's hardly worth telling people to stay away just because you think you got screwed. I can see how you could be upset but the dealer did NOTHING wrong.

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Troy711 i cant believe what u r saying the dealer principle and salesman said no u sign for the car then we deal with it.
IF YOU WALKED IN A SHOP AND WERE JUST ABOUT TO BUY ANYTHING AND IT DIDNT WORK OR NEEDED TO BE FIXED WOULD YOU BUY IT??????
And get told no you are going to sign NOW instead of saying lets look at the problem and see what we can do not force me to sign then saying bring it back on the 1st service.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO TROY711 ??
I totally agree that things go wrong that is not the issue but i was told to sign or else as i said instead of saying ok lets see if we can fix it now and will let u no the outcome.
And Holden know of this and told me its unacceptable and they know the whole story and said go to another dealer and give them a ref# Holden gave.