Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Local Holden dealer rant (dealers name has been removed)

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Buying a brand new car with faults is one thing, but being railroaded into accepting the car that is not as it should be is not acceptable at all. The car dealer should have acted in a much more compasionate way and certainly the dealer principle should have also. Although disappointing, surely it would have been far better to call you and tell you that your car has been delayed whilst they arranger for it to be rectified pre-delivery or organised another car for you.

Having a business that is cutomer service oriented, I have a policy of always giving the customer the best product with the best dervice possible. Where we actually make a mistake ( something like this), I take responsibility for the issue whether it is caused by my business or one of our suppliers.

As to why they acted in this way is anyones guess, but lets hope they didnt because they thought they could put one over you for being a girl.

Good luck with your new car from the other dealer.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i agree i would not take delivery until the vehicle was as specified not defective

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Purchased a ssv approx 2 months ago had a few issues on pick up i always start my cars up and take it for a quick drive b4 i sign and hand over the balance.
Had a very loud noise on take off and steering was a bit heavy (not normal)
Was told we will fixed it at the 1st service
Said NO WAY i dont want the car all fluids were full.
I cancelled my contract and was forced by the dealer principle to sign or else (what a bully) :ranting:
Holden understood my concern and said they will deal with it and advised me to go to another dealer so i did. Alot was said to me by the dealer like waste our time blah blah blah (sell me a working car)
My advise stay away from [REMOVED]. :upyours::rant::censored:
Cheers

I think this is a very good example of why people should go over their new cars very methodically prior to signing off on delivery. The dealer offering to fix the car AFTER delivery is not acceptable. A new car goes through pre delivery checks at DEALER level... so whilst it may be a manufacturer fault it is ultimately the dealers responsibility to ensure the car is fault free upon delivery. I can understand Troy's POV, but in this case (if the facts have been stated accurately) the dealer most certainly is at fault... and are far from "doing NOTHING wrong". They are the retailers of the product, and if they are providing goods that are faulty (isolated or not) the Trade Practices Act is very clear on who's responsibility it is. 100% Dealer issue- not manufacturer. OP definitely has a right to suggest to forum members to stay away from a particular dealer, because whilst potentially an isolated issue it could also be a more widespread problem with this particular dealer in not conducting pre delivery checks properly. I'm glad that Holden head office looked after the problem properly. Without specifics, if someone was interested in purchasing a Holden in Melbourne, which geographic location (NW, NE etc) should buyer be wary of?

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thx everyone good to get some other point of views and advise for the future and yes should have said theres a delay in the car although would be upset still would be happy when i got it easy as that and its not a fabrication story it that simply.

Last edited by a moderator:

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH caprice , 2010 Holden CDX Cruze
i bought a brand new barina sedan from holdens the week they were realeased i also pre drove it before taking delivery it pulled SHOCKINGLY to the left kerb that bad that if you let go of the steering wheel you would hit the kerb they said they would fix it on first service me needing a car and being stupid signed took delivery the next day it was back in to them cause it was that bad to drive they had it for 7 days used my full tank of petrol and gave it back to me same problem said it was the wheels and to get new wheels so i went out spend 2 grand on mags had wheel alignments and still same problem even the tyre bloke said something was up with the car took it back in once again they had it again for another week by the time the problem was rectified the car had 980km on it which only about 70km of where mine then 12 months later the problem was back so i traded it back to them on the vy and let them deal with the problems

moral of the story if your not happy you should NEVER be bullied into signing

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
i understand what u mean Troy711 i dont lie or make a situation worse than it is but maybe because iam a girl they thought they could get away with it the thing that got me was he bought out the contract outside and said sign it now instead of saying ok lets work 2gether 2 resolve it so u can drive away happy i gave options to see what the service dept say but held the contract to me to sign but i am appreciative of ur input and have the rite 2 say it.
So the conclusion i can only get 2 is that it is something that they have done for the car 2 acted like that eg accident or something because pre delivery if something wrong why couldnt they claim it from Holden just suspicious and y wait till my 1st service. iam sure ul b unhappy 2.
Thx for ppls input
Mary
Where did you learn to type? Sorry, but reading anything you write is very difficult to comprehend with all of the "i wanted 2 get the car but i didnt i was unhappy and u wuld b 2 if it happened 2 u"

Really dont see how you can be accusing them of crashing the car during PD? There is no benefit to them trying to lump the car off on you sooner or later. There are a number of factors which you havent even taken into account.

When did all this happen? Was it the start of the month? End of the month? Middle of the day? End of the day? Weekday? Weekend? If it was on a weekend, at the end of the month then the answer's pretty obvious. They want to get all their sales figures squared up, and mechanics dont work on a weekend so nobody can check it out for you.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
OP, i your postion i wouldn't have signed as well. Their has been some good points brought up but really once you've signed how sure are you that there going to fix the problem 100%. You're buying a new car, if i was buying a new car and especially spending a large amount i would expect it to work and be faultless. As soon as they were pushing you to sign anything, i would have just ask to speak to the higher up and gone as far as i had to.