Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Location for garage door remote

greenbeam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
This might seem trivial, but where do people mount/hide their garage door remotes?

I was going to use double-sided tape to fix mine to the inside of the little door under the stereo (VY Berlina), but mounting it low down reduces the range too much. I don't really want a nasty black plastic box glued to the cream (?) headlining. My Chrysler in the US had a little compartment next to the sunglasses holder for a remote - very nice touch.

Cheers,
Paul.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I clip mine on the sunvisor.

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
clip on sun visor ,

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
mine fits perfectly in the tray next to the drink holder on the console(just next to the hand brake)

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
I put mine either in the drink holder or the 'tray' underneath the console lid right at the back.. I don't use tape or anything like that..

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
clip mine on the sun visor, adds a bit of charm :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I have mine on my keyring, had a special one made that is 2cm by 1cm. Excellent little opener.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
mines on the visor, double sided taped onto the airbag info sheet. cant see it when the visor is up. try velcro on the underside of the centre armrest. easily removable if ya need to, easily accessible, know where it is and it's hidden

Cheers

CC

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
That's why it sucks living in a three garage remote house. I have four little buttons on my already tiny remote.

I have it sitting in the sunglass holder under the stereo, just in front of the auto shifter. Sometimes it even sits in the coin thing (where the power windows buttons would be).

I know some cars have "blank" garage remote buttons wired into the car. Mainly an American thing I think, it's something I'm considering doing.