Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lock Nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V & VU S1
Australia - Home of the light fingered Bogan.
I've had valve caps stolen from me while parked at Coles.
Cost me 3 bucks to replace them. Spewin. Could have used that money to buy Twix lol.

To the OP: I got mine on impulse buy at the dealership. Can't remember how much I paid.
Wheel Lock part #92290023
Chrome Cover part#92260556
Oddly enough, they're sold separately. My guess is in case you need black covers etc..

Last edited:

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
That’s messed up! Not parked in the garage then!?
No, carport in a quiet cul de sac within a week of me visiting a few Holden dealers getting trade in valuations...
I've had valve caps stolen from me while parked at Coles.
Also lost the stainless steel valve caps off the same car - kids were taking them for their push bikes cos they looked good!
My chrome covers were GM #92182001 Made in USA? This is the listing from the SE pdf:
upload_2017-10-2_14-26-17.png

UNSEEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI M6
I got my lock nuts from a Holden dealer on ebay, $70. Dealer were i got my car from wanted $200 something. When i got the nuts though i had to say they were for a MY17 REDLINE because they need different ones

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I guess for me it’s similar to dash cams; I’m waiting for that “wish I had bought one” moment before I go and buy one.

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
Resurrecting an old thread here.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the lock nuts and caps to suit the MY17 Redline wheels?
From my research it seems as though there aren't any genuine caps that match the wheel nuts exactly.
Appreciate pics of said nuts on your wheels if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
...From my research it seems as though there aren't any genuine caps that match the wheel nuts exactly...
Correct, the lock nut caps are close but not exactly the same as the standard wheel nuts which is a good thing in and of itself.

Why not pop into your local stealership and have a gander at the locknuts and caps and get specific part numbers. Likley you'll find they are not a bad look with just enough difference to be able to identify which is the actual locknut ;) You may also be happy with the price :rolleyes:

If you want and exact match to the original wheel nuts, then you can always pop into a machine shop and ask them to make up some caps to your specs... though it wont be cheap...

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Resurrecting an old thread here.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the lock nuts and caps to suit the MY17 Redline wheels?
From my research it seems as though there aren't any genuine caps that match the wheel nuts exactly.
Appreciate pics of said nuts on your wheels if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Suggest you try looking further up the page for part numbers and a photo (1/10/17)

13VF17 WAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 WAGON
I opted for complete blackout look, inc centre cap. Genuine nuts and lock nut with covers...Colour Lugs..slip on sleeve. Nice fit and have yet not come off. Dirty wheel , just came back from long drive.

Attachments

• 20180611_133248.jpg
    20180611_133248.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 393

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
Suggest you try looking further up the page for part numbers and a photo (1/10/17)
Yeah I did look above, and I see 2 sets of locknut cover part numbers.
I was also specifically after ones suitable for the MY17 Redline.
The reason for the confusion is that, and the fact that I have had 2 different Holden spare parts places tell me completely the opposite of each other wrt. which part numbers are suitable for my application.
That is why I asked for people to put up actual part numbers and pics of what they bought.

Eg. you listed part # ending 2001, but mention they were for the VE model. Which VE I don't know, and they aren't the same as the Redline ones you currently have. Perhaps this is the best match, I don't know.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah I did look above, and I see 2 sets of locknut cover part numbers.
I was also specifically after ones suitable for the MY17 Redline.
The reason for the confusion is that, and the fact that I have had 2 different Holden spare parts places tell me completely the opposite of each other wrt. which part numbers are suitable for my application.
That is why I asked for people to put up actual part numbers and pics of what they bought.

Eg. you listed part # ending 2001, but mention they were for the VE model. Which VE I don't know, and they aren't the same as the Redline ones you currently have. Perhaps this is the best match, I don't know.
Here you go:
1#92290223
received_1431084970371188.jpeg
received_1431085637037788.jpeg