Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lock right lokka

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
I have no idea where to buy one, because they are rubbish.

Checked out your thread on squared arches - wow that's some really good work you've done! Harrop Truetrac centre looks like the goods, I was considering the Kaaz set up when the time comes to replace the LSD, but you have shown me a much better way!

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Have a look at true tracks on SummitRacing. A mate got one to suit his VZ SSZ for almost half the price of it here

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
There is a Harrop True-Trac that sells for around $1500, it can handle up to 500rwkw.

There is a Eaton True-Trac that sells for around $650, it can handle up to 500rwhp.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Do you really think Harrop do anything but on sell the eaton product? I wouldn't be surprised if the advertising mob didn't just convert hp to kw and that's it

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
There is a Harrop True-Trac that sells for around $1500, it can handle up to 500rwkw.

There is a Eaton True-Trac that sells for around $650, it can handle up to 500rwhp.
Eaton don't make one to suit 28spline BW diffs so if you have a live rear VN-S you are stuck with the Harrop. There are a couple of informative threads on them on SC forum and also a lot of info on LS1 forum. Please avoid posting info like that when you don't know much about them :) people get confused easily on the internet.
Do you really think Harrop do anything but on sell the eaton product? I wouldn't be surprised if the advertising mob didn't just convert hp to kw and that's it
The housings are different at least - Harrop's is forged steel (I think..could be wrong but I read that the Eaton is just cast) .. I bought the Harrop centre on its own and it was a very very sexy smooth housing which is different to what I have seen of the Eaton centres so I'd believe there is a real hp difference there :)

And since they have a whole different housing (and suit different models) I think you can safely say they do more than just on-sell it :p

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Good to know there is some justfication in the price then. I'd buy one but my LSD just refuses to single peg :D

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Eaton don't make one to suit 28spline BW diffs so if you have a live rear VN-S you are stuck with the Harrop. There are a couple of informative threads on them on SC forum and also a lot of info on LS1 forum. Please avoid posting info like that when you don't know much about them :) people get confused easily on the internet.

My post was more a reply to GTP 85's comment, as that is most likely what his mate got, so why don't you have a go at what he said as well!
If the OP or anyone else did not do there own research and bought something that did not fit there car, it would be there own fault.

I will post what I want thank you very much, I know enough about them :)

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
i have a lockright in the ass end of my torana!!
i can push around easy it dont drag tyres around corners when i cruise it
and it always locks as soon as i step on it!!

i will argue with anyone who tells ya lockrights are crap as ive ran 1000 plus hp
engines and the ass ends never failed yet!!! I have a bigger engine coming and ill still use the same centre and locker.

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
anyone know where i can get 1 for a vn ss also anyone had them what do u think any problems???

sorry for digging an old thread up boys but I have one in my VS so I know the go, I noticed nobody really answered the question specifically.

To the OP:

If you're after one; you're most likely gonna have to source one second hand (used or unused). From my understanding 4WD Systems have ceased production of the Lokka for Commodores. I never rang up to confirm this for myself but you could give it a go - the part number is LR-68 I believe. Somebody else mentioned it.

I have one in a manual vs v6, and have no problems. Locks right up when you break traction and I really can't fault them. Heaps of fun in the wet. Turning corners will produce a quiet ratcheting noise and occasionally you get small amounts of backlash. Never experienced this backlash in an auto so I can't really tell you, it's happened one or two times in my car. None of this bothers me because I'm 18, to be honest comfort isn't a priority! Also, when you dip the clutch and steer (when maneuvering or parking) the car with jolt harshly and make ratcheting noises, but it really isn't too bad.

I have driven a auto vs with a lokka and it behaves a lot more nicely than in a manual. None of the harsh jolting and stupid noises when parking. You only get the quiet clicking when turning corners.

I have seen some for as low as $300 on these forums. There's another one for sale for $500 which isn't too bad. I have no regrets getting one over a minispool or LSD. I'd say go for it if these drawbacks don't bother you.

Last edited: