Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locking Issue VT

cosmic302

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina Wagon
Hello all,

My VT Commodore has an issue with it's keyless entry system.

When the car is parked and switched off the aerial no longer automatically goes down.

The "lock" button on my remote no longer works but instead just sounds the horn when I press it.

When I then proceed to lock then unlock the car manually with the key the horn sounds repeatedly when I open the door??

Can anybody help???

Cheers,

Deano

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
your rope could be Brocken on aerial can you hear the motor working, I say when you open the door manually its not disarming the alarm that's why its going off , does your fob open the door . try resetting the bcm by removing the battery for 10 min as long as you have the code for your stereo unit , have you checked the fuses .

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
number 20 fuse has blown it controls door locks aerial windows.
95355d1277014641-99-vt-fuse-diagram-pleeasssee-help-dsc01792.jpg

cosmic302

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina Wagon
Spot on the fuse was blown.

I replaced with another fuse with the same amperage and it popped again.

Swapped for a second time with a 25a fuse and done some checks. Aerial and Power Windows operate perfectfully BUT only the drivers front door locks and unlocks with the remote???

Any further help would be great.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Spot on the fuse was blown.

I replaced with another fuse with the same amperage and it popped again.

Swapped for a second time with a 25a fuse and done some checks. Aerial and Power Windows operate perfectfully BUT only the drivers front door locks and unlocks with the remote???

Any further help would be great.
You need to find the fix the thing that is causing the fuse to blow. Putting a higher amperage fuse can cause serious damage to wiring.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
what were you thinking , sounds like a dead short to one of those door actuators , u need to find that sort from the bcm too the doors , best to take all 3 door skins off that ant working and unplug the actuators and then put a fuse in 15amp if it blows one of your wires is the problem if it don't replace one actuator at a time when it pops you will find its that one . also see if its not a relay problem first . good luck

cosmic302

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina Wagon
Guys the higher amperage fuse was only a very temporary thing while I could narrow it down to the doors, windows or aerial.

I will have a closer look over the weekend and let you know how I progress.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
just in case remove your window winder relay then try, it might be the culprit , good luck

gm1961

Reaction score
Hi All

what was the old fuse rated at ??? , was it smaller than the 15amps on the sticker advise

there is a chance it blew once for whatever reason then replaced with a 10 amp, this is not enough to unlock and take down the aerial at the same time

VT unlock 1 time, unlocks only the drivers door
Press the unlock a second time and the other 3 doors will unlock

This is a USA style " single white female issue " , years ago, you unlock the car then other people get in from other doors etc
If then became good practice for the 2 stage unlock senario

As for fuse blowing, hard to tell , as parts age the draw more current, this could be any of the door actuators or even the master controll on the drivers door

But it can be a single short to earth, check all the wiring , there may be some wires insulation cut and exposed and time to time it touches the body and shorts out blowing the fuse , check inside the door trims with a flashlight, also check the wiring as it passes from the car through the A pillar and into the door , especially if the rubber flexi insulation is missing or has come out of place

regards
george

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
drop a 10a or 15a fuse in there
turn stereo off and dont touch window switch
then you will only be using door actuators
should help you narrow it down quicker
if fuse doesnt blow, turn stereo on and keep testing
once you have repaired the fault use a 15a fuse