Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locknuts

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
When i brought my car 3 months ago it came wit CSA mags with lock nuts and i didnt realise for a while that i didnt get the lock nut bit! how can i get a key for it. i dont need it at the moment but if i get a flat then i will be stuffed.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Hehe.. I'm sure you can get replacement ones from the mag tyre manufacturer. They gotta come in some kind of universal key sizes or something. I got new rotors put on my car cause they were stripped by my locknuts.. They put some new ones on and now I had like 3 different sized lock nuts..

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks, good no i know im not up **** creek then hehe

V

vsBerli

Another couple of ways to remove them, just do what my mate done and tac weld another nut onto the locknut and away you go, or you could do what i did once when i lost my locknut key to my jellybean mags on my HZ, which was chisel the nut off (very slow but works). good luck whichever way you go.

R

Rajah

A few years ago when I took my car to my mechanic I forgot to give him the lock nut. He managed to get them off no troubles. You could always try Bob Janes, Tyrepower etc. They might be able to tell you what sort they are and you might be able to buy a replacement locknut.

T

TimK

Had a similar problem when the holden dealer "hid" my security bolt behind the passanger's seat in the map pocket. (which I didn't find for 11 months)

Used a large socket and filled it with Selleys "Knead it" (Epoxy Putty) and then placed it on the lock nut. Left it for ten minutes until the putty set and then removed the locknut with the socket still attached.

Don't use a good socket as you'll never be able to use it again though

Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.