Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locks, Ignition, Lights and Beeper

4PLAYN

Reaction score
I didnt know where to put this and i wanted it in one post aswell... sorry if this is in the wrong place ...

Anyways ...

Question 1.
Can VY/VZ Locks and key be used on a VN 10-89?
I assume the transducer from the ignition lock would be needed to an alarm system from a VY/VZ (same car) and every lock switched over to suit the keys.

Question 1 Part 2.
How would i go about this. Changing the ignition barrel, door locks, boot lock and glovebox lock. Fitting alarm into the VN and it should work? Or is there more?

Question 1 Part 3.
Assuming that the barrels and the steering lock are the same between VN-VZ it should be a bolt in swap over. Knowing the alarm module controls central locking, siren and auto close sunroof or windows (on certain models), would it would be fairly easy to use with any central locking kit and electric areial?

Question 2.
Is there a way to get a beeper for my headlamps for when i leave them on?
How easy are these to put in?

Question 3.
Are boot lights and number plate lights are easy to wire up? I assume that the number plate lights would follow the standard wires (VN with VP garnish). and My boot light seems not to work effectivly, i have to hit it to make it work then after a certain amount of time it will turn off.

Question 4.
Interior light dimming switch, How would i get a dimmer and how easy are they to put in .... as in, close the door and after 10 or so seconds it dims down till its off.

Thankyou for reading and any help in advance

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
buy a newer car would be easyier
youll need a bcm wiht keys and alot of bullshitting round
youll find bcm would cost wayy to much to bother with

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I didnt know where to put this and i wanted it in one post aswell... sorry if this is in the wrong place ...

Anyways ...

Question 1.
Can VY/VZ Locks and key be used on a VN 10-89?
I assume the transducer from the ignition lock would be needed to an alarm system from a VY/VZ (same car) and every lock switched over to suit the keys.
the lock actuator & mechanism will fit, you would need some sort of module to work the electricals, some alarm systems will do it, no need to change the barrels.

Question 1 Part 2.
How would i go about this. Changing the ignition barrel, door locks, boot lock and glovebox lock. Fitting alarm into the VN and it should work? Or is there more?
fit all the lock assemblies & an alarm to drive them. leave the lock barrels alone

Question 1 Part 3.
Assuming that the barrels and the steering lock are the same between VN-VZ it should be a bolt in swap over. Knowing the alarm module controls central locking, siren and auto close sunroof or windows (on certain models), would it would be fairly easy to use with any central locking kit and electric areial?
yes

Question 2.
Is there a way to get a beeper for my headlamps for when i leave them on?
How easy are these to put in?
try Jaycar

Question 3.
Are boot lights and number plate lights are easy to wire up? I assume that the number plate lights would follow the standard wires (VN with VP garnish). and My boot light seems not to work effectivly, i have to hit it to make it work then after a certain amount of time it will turn off.
easy, connect them to the park light circuit

Question 4.
Interior light dimming switch, How would i get a dimmer and how easy are they to put in .... as in, close the door and after 10 or so seconds it dims down till its off.

Thankyou for reading and any help in advance
once again, try Jaycar

Cheers Rob