Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking at buying a vn\vp

stewart

Reaction score
im looking at buying a vn - vp commodore, what are some of the things i should look out ofr? (aka dealer scam, where they hide things wrong)

what sort of price ? as long as it comes with a roadie, and the body is ok on the outside, inside is relativly easy to fix up.

MUST be on LPG

Last edited:

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
hey i own a series one 88 commodore and trust me if u enjoy all gauges and fuel readings trip comp ect, go calais or berlina dont bother with executive, they are just to basic there is alot of re wireing u must do like i have,
wat else can i tell u, well just ask me wat u want to do with ur car and ill tell u wat i can ok :D

R

rattattack1313

Rust is another thing to watch for...under the spare tyre, around rear window, under leafcatcher next to the wipers.......

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
Avoid series 1 VN and avoid buying from people who cant answer your questions or look like they have any idea about cars.... one mistake I made.

B

BOV

VN is a crap car... get a VP at least, while your there save up for a VR-VS.

Indy_387

Reaction score
I used to own a VN Calais.

My advice would be to look at an Exec and stay away from Berlina/Calais.

Too many electrical things that can go wrong.

bitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh worked 5ltr
BOV said:
VN is a crap car... get a VP at least, while your there save up for a VR-VS.
id go for a vn better engine, not detuned like the vp and yes series 2 is better

B

BOV

bitch said:
id go for a vn better engine, not detuned like the vp and yes series 2 is better
ha? how is it detuned? its smoothed out and less jumpy.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
stewart said:
im looking at buying a vn - vp commodore, what are some of the things i should look out ofr? (aka dealer scam, where they hide things wrong)

what sort of price ? as long as it comes with a roadie, and the body is ok on the outside, inside is relativly easy to fix up.
Selling my vn calais with many receipts, all professionally lowered,rims,cd player,air, tint, many extras. $4000 ono