Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at getting a VE SS Series 2 with the A6

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Well i ended up picking up a 2011 VE SSV Series 2 with the A6. Im getting the Camaro deep pan sump and transmission service done tomorrow at Craigs Autos. Will see how it goes.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone else notice a slight whining noise from the A6 trans in first gear, it goes away in second onwards. I only started to notice it after the deep pan was installed and service was done.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Has anyone else notice a slight whining noise from the A6 trans in first gear, it goes away in second onwards. I only started to notice it after the deep pan was installed and service was done.
Yep, mine's noisey as... sounds like it's running straight cut gears ! I think the word refinement was made redundant during the design process of this unit...

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, mine's noisey as... sounds like it's running straight cut gears ! I think the word refinement was made redundant during the design process of this unit...

Yeah i ended up ringing the transmission place back up, they said its common due to the short ratio on first gear. I also just got a Eaton Truetrak quoted up by Bosnjak Engineering for $2350 including new bearings and custom made shims. The ZF diff in the VE's clunk like hell after 80k.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Even after the warnings about piston slap i managed to buy a car that has it. I didn't realise you had to have the car in drive for the noise to appear. The lifters are quiet and im happy with the rest of the car but i just want to make sure that "piston slap" will not cause any issues down the track?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i had the catback 2.5" SS exhaust done at CHE last week and the VCM OTR and tune done there today. Went from 214rwkw with just the catback to 236rwkw after the tune and intake. Very happy with the increase, i should get another 20rwkw after i do the headers and cats so will be around 255rwkw. The CHE dyno is very conservative btw so it would get a bit higher on other dynos.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Well i had the catback 2.5" SS exhaust done at CHE last week and the VCM OTR and tune done there today. Went from 214rwkw with just the catback to 236rwkw after the tune and intake. Very happy with the increase, i should get another 20rwkw after i do the headers and cats so will be around 255rwkw. The CHE dyno is very conservative btw so it would get a bit higher on other dynos.
Sounds OK. Do you know what you were seeing before the exhaust change?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds OK. Do you know what you were seeing before the exhaust change?

Nah don't know but catbacks don't really add much power, only about 5rwkw.

TAS1981

Reaction score
How dramatic is the difference before and after tune, in the real world /butt dyno?

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being didn't notice any difference, 10 being "wow they must have fitted a warp drive at the same time"!

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
How dramatic is the difference before and after tune, in the real world /butt dyno?

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being didn't notice any difference, 10 being "wow they must have fitted a warp drive at the same time"!

7 out of 10. Its pretty crazy now. The car makes a totally different sound as all the torque management is gone so you can have 100% throttle when you want it. I had the AFM turned off aswell so no more drone city.