Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking for dyno tune Melbourne under $500

jason78

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
Been getting quotes for a tune but so far they are all over $1000 I have heard about places that do them under $500 and do a good job but can't find these places. Can anyone help?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
see oztrack.com.au he's in sydney but can hook you up with a mail order tune to suit your mods, one of the best tuners in the country

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
see oztrack.com.au he's in sydney but can hook you up with a mail order tune to suit your mods, one of the best tuners in the country

It appears the OP wants a dyno tune not a mail order. Good luck getting one for $500.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Dyno for what type of car?

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Theres no way your getting a dyno tune for 500 bucks. From my understanding, the bulk of the cost is "purchasing" the software license from the tuner.

yeah depending on the software they use, how many tunes they do, etc - but I think the tuner has to pay about 2-300 bux for the license.

In reality, if your car is stock, or has a common set of mods - 99.9% of dyno shops will just load up their "generic" go-fast tune for VZ-ss (or vz-ss with pipes, CAI, etc) then ramp it up on the dyno to give you a power number. - In the odd case that the tune doesn't look safe enough on the dyno, they might alter the maps a tiny bit and away she goes. - 1-2hrs work - IF that.

@ dyno rates of $100/hr - a total cost of 500 bux doesn't seem unreasonable - however, you'll find most places charge at least a thousand bucks, because that's what people are willing to pay - and it keeps the people with shonky backyard-spec cars that are always a nightmare to work on away

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
cheapest dyno tune i have seen is $800 mate.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I got a quote for a place in Daylesford for $750 and he does heaps of high performance cars. I know its hard to believe because you wouldn't expect anyone to have a dyno in Daylesford.