Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for mig/tig welding help in Melbourne

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hello,

I'm looking to get a tube welded onto an intercooler, a pretty basic job really.

As I work during the week, finding a workshop to get the work done is really difficult!!!

Just wondering if an amateur mig/tig welder in Melbourne could offer their services? Quite happy to pay for the work, as cost isn't the problem, its just timing!

I'm not looking for a professional or pretty job, just something that does the job. Intercooler will be hidden behind the bumper anyways ;-)

Can anyone help out?

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
any pics of the intercooler ? is it fitted or out of the car ? all alloy ?

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Yep all alloy, its out of the car.

I needed to move the outlet pipe location from the front to the side, so have chopped off the pipe and will bore a hole prior to welding. Can clean up the surfaces ready for welding. Needs the pipe welded on and a piece welded to block off the round hole at the front. Will get some pics...

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Ok, pics of what i need done. Its a 2 inch pipe to be welded, and the hole I bored gave me a left over disc to weld over the old hole....I dremel brushed the edges where the welds are to go.

Anyone want to help out?

alloy1.jpg

alloy2.jpg

alloy3.jpg

alloy4.jpg