Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loose disc

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Just a quick question guys...

I changed the pads on my wifes Corolla and when I pulled the front wheel off I found that the disc was loose. I could wriggle it about 5mm before I removed the original pads.

I'm not very mechanically minded just electrically minded. So, is this normal? I don't recall noticing it on the other wheel but if I had of removed the caliper then I could simpl remove the disc. Just a little curious. Thanks guys.

R

rattattack1313

I think you will find the piston inside the caliper has jammmed a bit..if you took the old pads out, I bet you a set of Buick Badges you can't just slip the new pads in...youhave to release the fluid pressure, and push(bash wiff a hammer) the piston back into the sleeve.......can be re-honed out, and an oversize piston put in it..... :thumbsup:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
ummm...I've already replaced the pads and tey work just fine.

I suspended the caliper up in the air and put a g-clamp on it and screwed it back in the caliper...after removing the brke fluid cap ;)

You just have to wait for your Buick Badges! Old, Traditional.....? What sort you want?

R

rattattack1313

Yea..the G-clamp idea works welll.............Old Traditional...whichever you reckon would look best on my car, mate...they are to go on the bottom of my front guards, just behind the wheel......... :thumbsup:

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
You may find that they were loose because the wheel nuts hold the disk on tight. You could try putting 2 wheel nuts back on the hub without the wheel and see if the disk is still loose.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
12Voltking said:
Just a quick question guys...

I changed the pads on my wifes Corolla and when I pulled the front wheel off I found that the disc was loose. I could wriggle it about 5mm before I removed the original pads.

I'm not very mechanically minded just electrically minded. So, is this normal? I don't recall noticing it on the other wheel but if I had of removed the caliper then I could simpl remove the disc. Just a little curious. Thanks guys.
the disk is held in place by the wheel there should be no play in the hub ifso replace bearing, some disk have a little screw holding the disk to the hub

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Ok, I tried moving the disc with the wheel on and it was solid.....so, all is cool?