Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
It's already been three days and it still hasn't shipped and it will take around two weeks to arrive once it's sent.

Get on the blower first thing tomorrow losh. "You've taking too bloody long, should have sent it already. Cancel my order and refund me, please"

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Get on the blower first thing tomorrow losh. "You've taking too bloody long, should have sent it already. Cancel my order and refund me, please"
Hahahaha, it's coming from Lithuania.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Got the bike back from doing the rear brakes. While not as perfect as I'd like they are 50x better. They actually pull me up now. The bloke flushed the front and rears as they both had pretty old fluid. I'm happy about that as that was something I wanted done regardless. All up the bill was $82.50, whereas I was expecting it to be $120. This meant I was able to pay $30 off my new indicators. Hoping I might now be able to pick them up in a fortnight. While I was there I inquired about a service without an oil change and they are happy to do that for me. It will be a month or two before it can happen is all.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Picked up the new indicators today. Thought I will quickly throw them on while I have time, wrong, turns out the stupid LEDs were fitted dodgy as. Whoever fitted them chopped the plugs off the factory harness and also the indicator wires and then taped it together, all very amateur.

So I thought right I will fit a couple of blue bullet female lugs to the factory harness that had been chopped. Did that and the male lugs on the indicators are too small for my female lugs.... Then decided I will temp tape them in place and see if I can by some smaller bullet lugs.

Then I thought, hmmmm, still dodgy, so decided I will chop the new lugs off the factory harness and also the new indicators and solder the indicator wires to the factory harness and shrink tube the lot making it look pretty factory. The factory harness has some odd kind of bullet plug lugs but they work as they need to, so that fine.

But, this is not where it ends, it would seem someone has fitted an aftermarket rear guard because the new indicator locating holes wouldn't line up...... Anyway, I have now elongated the rear hole just enough to get the lights on. Also turns out the new indicators don't come with hardware. Rummaged though my screw and bolt bins and found some chrome cap screws and some flare nuts and a couple of small washers.

So in the end I have managed to fit one indicator and if I find the enthusiasm tonight I will do the other side. One thing is for sure, I'm glad I didn't book the Sprint in to have them fitted, I would have been out of pocket over $150 with all the dicking around that needed to be done to make them fit.

On another note, I can get a full check over and report for about $160-$180. Going to try and book it in, in another four weeks. Then I will know what needs attention and I can work on it according to priority.

But it's working out in the end so no complaints there. This almost reminds me of some of the wiring I had to replace on the VR after it must have been owned by a butcher at some stage.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just did the other side. Only took me 20 mins now that I knew what I needed to do.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Paint touch up kit arrived today. I was concerned when I accidentally bought the $55 kit, cheaper by $10 than one twice the size, thinking I'd not have enough paint. But that little pot is full and will be plenty.

FIL said he is happy to touch up the chips so hoping this might happen this weekend or sooner.

20240422_141229.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Been on the hunt for a SH bike jacket. Found stacks for sale online but all too small for me. Today I thought I'd have a poke through our Op Shop at my work. Found a motorbike jacket that was a bit too small. But I did find a pretty daggy looking brown oil skin looking 3xl vest. Tried it on over my leather jacket and it fits great. It covers my lower back really well, and it keeps my chest and abdomen warm. Was great riding home in pretty comfortable conditions tonight, even though it was pretty cold out. Best part it was only $5 with my 50% off discount card. Shop manager is keeping an eye out for a jacket for me too, as apparently they come in reasonably often.

Petty chuffed with my new purchase as this could be the difference of me continuing to ride to work in the coming weeks as the weather really starts to turn cold in the mornings. I've also found on eBay heated gloves and they sound very enticing for $42. I bought a new SH pair of boots but they must have been pretty rubbishy as they are already starting to fall apart. They will do until I can afford some new ones but they won't last as long as I hoped they would, but for $10 they will serve their purpose and can go in the bin once I find a decent brand pair of SH boots in good cond.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Booked in some time tomorrow morning with the FIL to touch up tbe chips in the green duco. Looking forward to having those less noticeable. Have also emailed the bike shop to see if I can get in on the 17th for a check-over and cooling system service. I have said if it needs parts then I will have to get an estimate and book it in later.

Rode the Sprint again this morning to work. It was a fairly cold start to the morning and I didn't even leave until 9.15. I really want to invest in a pair of heated gloves in the coming weeks as my hands are getting fairly cold lately. I may be able to order some next pay but we'll see. If the wife's rad service on her car comes in under price I will probably order them. Just need to wait in case it's more than the $250 estimate he gave me.

The Sprint has been my main mode of transport the last couple of weeks. Lately I've been trying not to use BT much as the Sprint is just so much cheaper to run. I thought the bike was about 1/3 the petrol the ute uses but I'm thinking it might be as much as 1/4 the mileage.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Back from the FILs after just having the chips sorted. Looks heaps better.
20240427_135626.jpg
20240427_135633.jpg
20240427_135644.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So been working on this big scratch tonight. I had stacks of green touch-up left and thought why not give it a go with a tiny brush. The FIL gave it a quick brush today while touching up the chips. I decided tonight to wet rub the scratch and brush on some builder primer, then wet rub that again. Doing that has pretty well filled the scratches. I've now brushed on the green and have carefully hit it with some rattle can clear. It's not perfect but I reckon it's possibly as good as I would get if I was to get some 2k sold mixed. Up close you can see the line but from standing distance it's really hard to tell. To get it perfect is $300 a side but I think for no additional outlay I'll be happy with how it is now.

Before.
20240412_135542.jpg

After.
20240427_194254.jpg