Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Very very difficult to sack an employee that has been employed as a fulltime employee, even if they are killing a business....My way of getting rid of an employee is work them hard. doing every crap job possible, until they hand in their resignation.

What about if they still showing for work and stalling? Just playing Devil's Advocate here. The person still showing for work, just to mess with you and still underperforming, does not matter how many crappy work you give them, then what?

Perhaps closing doors and reopen as a "new" business might work.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What about if they still showing for work and stalling? Just playing Devil's Advocate here. The person still showing for work, just to mess with you and still underperforming, does not matter how many crappy work you give them, then what?

Perhaps closing doors and reopen as a "new" business might work.

I have never had that scenario....They cause issues with customers and aren't willing to learn or change their ways, I give them all the crap jobs, ride them with their work and eventually they have resigned....I have also been hauled in front of the owners on a few occasions for my tactics, but when it is explained that I'm there to keep customers coming back, my reasoning is accepted

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wow seems VC is skylarking since my post your referencing was for him, so how many different user names do you have on this forum ??

And your arguing over a simple wheel alignment, which most times if suspension parts and bushes are not worn, can be done and with spanner, a few chalk centre/lines on a level floor, a measurable pointer rod, understanding spec details and adjusting t/r ends and a test drive for straight ahead, correct tyre pressures and time will indicate any tyre wear, pretty, camber can be done with spirit levels, simple really, then when funds permit, people go get a w/alignment to have the readings confirmed/adjusted by a technician at their local place they normally go, So can’t understand why you rave on about like a stuck scratched record bs that yields nothing except arguments, not even recommending your supposed old workplace if it was so good.

And if anyone isn’t happy with any front end work done to their car, well they usually go back and communicate with the boss and get their issue resolved with that business they deal with that charges them money, not go online/ whinge to others to push their agenda about workmanship,

Plus garages are happy to resolve issues especially when they rely/want your added business to sell extra complete new tyres packages and fix/replace suspension/steering parts if they do that extra work.

Facts are, you are stating things that aren't even relevant to the issue at hand......

Facts are, you have no idea about the topic at hand and only post for the heck of posting

Facts are, why should someone have to go back complaining about shoddy workmanship in the first place....Do the job once and do it right....

Oh and I did give my workplace details in that PM to you....Still waiting for the call, so I can deliberately stuff up your alignment and tyres and you have a reason to complain on here

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The thing that impresses me so much about Losh and his car, is how he has issues, fixes them and advises everyone what was done....Very helpful for future reference. Yeah sure, it might be throwing money down the crapper and yeah he should have scrapped the car years ago, but the fact he is persisting can only benefit others in the future.....

As for him spending money on a V6...Another impressive thing for me.....When ever someone mentions the word power or anything along those lines the easy option is go V8.....The fact that he is wiling to throw some coin at a V6 to get power impresses me, because he could have taken the easy road, but instead chose the different road....

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
There is no shame on driving a V6. I got them all on my household, 4 bangers, 6, 8 petrol and diesel. Me, I am more of an OEM guy, I throw the cash on good parts and reliability is on top over performance. I am watching this thread to see where he is going and learn some on the way.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
6 speed auto?
Yes, although conversion errors between metric and imperial definitely occurred (if you know what I mean) and some laws may (or may not) have been broken. Definitely wasn't grandading.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Your average speed?
I don't know, have never looked it up. At one point it was about 1.5 km/h. Had to queue up for 30 minutes and 3 km to get into Auckland on Wednesday afternoon. Turned the engine off for about 5 car lengths at a time.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I swear the last time this guy did the wheel alignment on my work Mitsi Triton.
didthealignment-myself-16080843.png

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
So. How's that VR coming along?