Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losing Power when warm??

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman, 2013 VE II SV6 Thunder Ute.
I've also noticed a couple of other things, unrelated to the above (one of which could easily be operator error).

Secondly (and this is quite possibly operator error),
Stand still burnouts in an Auto. I used to have a VP and could put foot on brake and foot on gas and balance the two and whalla .... smoke.
This car doesn't seem to want to do anything, makes a lot of noise (revs), creeps forward and maybe a slight brake squeal, but no smoke or spinning.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Im pretty sure vt's have IRS. when you engage drive, the back bogs down, its like its putting force on the wheels that why you cant do standstills. I had a Vs wagon, that could standstills untill the cows come. My vx however (only tried twice) bogged down and couldnt do any standstills. Someone had to physically lift the side up a bit.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Im pretty sure vt's have IRS. when you engage drive, the back bogs down, its like its putting force on the wheels that why you cant do standstills. I had a Vs wagon, that could standstills untill the cows come. My vx however (only tried twice) bogged down and couldnt do any standstills. Someone had to physically lift the side up a bit.

Correct, Vs upward has IRS (if the question was asked)

Tyre condition, Rim size, Transmission condition, comes into it.

My Vx, LSD,V6, Can get moving no worries, Not that i ever try.
Waste of everything!

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
bollix, i can bag up the 20s. just gotta come off the brake as the revs come up. my mate some how got 2nd gear goin in mine much to my disgust. he told me he just came completely off the brake when it changed. I havnt tried as it is my car but I sore him do it in my car.... yeah I owed him one thats why i threw him the keys.