Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lost my licence and 600$ fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Biggest load of bullshit i have ever read. So because you THINK you were safe and you THINK there wasn't danger you consider it revenue? "The cop admitted to following me for 10 min" tells me there was another car pretty close the whole time. Maybe the car is too low for you to handle.
Revenue my arse. If you don't break the law or be a ****wit then they will never score a single cent from you.

(I'm not saying I've never copped a fine, so before people carry on with the age old 'holier than thou' line they copy from everyone else realise yeah, I've been fined before, but only because i was doing the wrong thing and wore it).

Pretty harsh to be done for simply going across a speed bump on a slight diagonal. I know personally there's a speed bump at a local shopping center here that is sometimes difficult for cars that aren't even lowered to get over, if a car that was slightly lowered went over it they would have to go diagonal and have done so myself. If i was done for that at that particular speed bump I would felt pretty hard done by.

Sure I agree saying its all revenue raising after you've just been booked doing 140 in a 100 zone is horse ****, but getting booked doing something so minor as crossing a speed bump on a diagonal, they were clearly looking to do him for something.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Pretty harsh to be done for simply going across a speed bump on a slight diagonal. I know personally there's a speed bump at a local shopping center here that is sometimes difficult for cars that aren't even lowered to get over, if a car that was slightly lowered went over it they would have to go diagonal and have done so myself. If i was done for that at that particular speed bump I would felt pretty hard done by.

Sure I agree saying its all revenue raising after you've just been booked doing 140 in a 100 zone is horse ****, but getting booked doing something so minor as crossing a speed bump on a diagonal, they were clearly looking to do him for something.

Hang on, think about his post for a minute. The cop followed him for ten minutes, during which time he admits to driving over the centre line by up to one metre, and driving diagonally across speed bumps.

Does this really sound so insignificant? How many times did he drive onto the wrong side of the road, then divert to cross the bumps? As already said, the cop car was behind him for ten minutes - didn't he think that his behaviour would have seemed odd to other drivers? And what is the cop supposed to think if this nitwit in front keeps doing that for ten minutes at least?

Fair cop I'd say. And perhaps the first thing to do when the fine was paid would be to buy a new set of springs and raise the car so speed bumps weren't such a torment to him.

And to the OP. For 125k's to attract a $600 fine and license suspension for 3 months in NSW, you must be travelling at least 45 k's over the speed limit. The F3 speed limit is either 80, 100 or 110, depending on where you are. 15 or 25 k's over the limit won't get you a fine or penalty like that, even as a p plater, so I'm guessing it was the construction zone near Berowra, where the limit is only 80k's, because that puts you 45k's over the limit, where the big fines and immediate suspension would come into effect.

If I'm correct, 125 km/h in that area is bloody stupidity.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Well, heres my story.

After a very long day of work, I was pretty tired. Driving along the highway which I had been for nearly an hour, I done my regular mirror check and noticed a car behind me, on the second check I noticed it was a Copper, looked down at my speedo for the usual speedo check, and bamm Im sitting on about 98km/h, thats right 2km/h under the assigned speed limit. I just kept driving as I usually would, when I got into town the cops went towards the station and I headed home. Hope that story was some inspiration to mirror and speedo check regularly :p

All I got from your story is you were driving fatigued!

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
i got a $140 speeding fine and lost 1 demerit doing 69 in a 60 zone, learnt my lesson and havent sped ever since, if i want to go for a bit of a sprint i go down to caldar park on a friday night:thumbsup:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
All I got from your story is you were driving fatigued!

Smartarse :p

For the record the story was just a piss take, and I've never driven fatigued.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Smartarse :p

For the record the story was just a piss take, and I've never driven fatigued.

Sorry, i forgot my sarcasm disclosure again. My bad.

Warpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
mind you this is at 10 pm at night when there was no traffic around so i wasnt a danger....its all about revenue to the cops..

Good luck when you get your licence back

It's people with this very attitude that are the ones causing the vehicle collisions and breaking the law in some way or another. Whether it is 10pm or 5pm, the law doesn't change and it's not up to you to make that assessment on whats safe to yourself or anyone else. Your driving history is that of a novice, since you have already mentioned you are on your "P" plates. The Police are there to uphold the law and protect the community, you were braking the law and endangering life. If you see the actions of the Police as revenue raising then you need to stop and think about the safety of others first.

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
you dont have cruise control?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Instant loss for doing 125 in what, a 100 zone? That's harsh as!

I got done doing 139 (I swear I wasn't going that fast.... definitely was speeding but not by that much! Can't argue with a radar gun though) in a 110 zone and got a 1 month suspension. Was allowed to drive away, suspension came into affect 1 month later and it was a pretty big fine, close to $400 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.