Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lost vin plate

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
i told him unless he shows paper work clearing everything from wa transport i dont want it

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I can't belive you're still considering buying it. You never know, he could come back with some bogus clearance, you hand over the cash and you're stuck with an unregisterable car.

But hey, who on here knows your finacial situation, you might wipe you're arse with $100 notes for all we know. If you can afford to lose it I say go for your life!

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
I bought a car with false vin plates on it. Only found out wen i couldn't find my chassis number on the left strut tower and the rego papers chassis number was different to the bogus vin plates he put on
I did the big investigation on the plates with mine. Turned out to be no dramas with ' is it stolen,rebirth'. Ended up he bogd over the chassis number on the left strut tower cause he lost the vin tags after a respray. They delicensed my car after the investigation and I got written approval from the investigator that it can be licensed with code 302 ( licensed without compliance) which I did and now it's licensed and if i was to sell it i have the transport department documents stating it is a legit licensed car without compliance plates. This was all done here in W.A. and it's all free if u went on to do it with the car your talkin about.
BUT NOT ALL PROBLEMS ARE AS EASY AS FIX AS MINE WAS

The down fall is it's worth less then half it's resale value now it doesn't have vin plates and if u bought it and down the track u went to sell it, u would find it difficult to find a buyer as most peoe would stay away..

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
Stay away from it,find another one!
Honestly who loses VIN plates?