Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lost VP key how to start

Coaldust666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG
Hi guys
My partners lost my VP keys, I desperately need to move it to the garage, winter condensation and **** seals are making for mouldy seats.

Tried turning over the barrel with a screwdriver to no avail, think I'm missing something?
20240612_151714.jpg

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
The security system.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Yup, it's turning over but dies a second or two after actually starting. Not sure why, doesn't usually have any problems starting.
Also tried jumpstarting
Cranks,fires then stops after a few seconds- that sounds like fuel although there were aftermarket security systems that would do that 30 years ago.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
did your keys have a remote

Coaldust666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG
Yeah I did wonder about fuel, it was sitting on a bit of a hill so the ass end was tilted backwards. Had a bit more goey with a squirt of engine start.

Bloke up the road from me (also 90s commy nut) recons the vp models didn't have any extra security.

Ended up just towing it round to the garage but that doesn't solve the lost key problem.. I'll try again tomorrow with it being on a flat spot with the fuel suspicion