Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lots of VB - VK questions (sorry guys lol)

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
VK_308 said:
i thought there was no "series 2" VK's, your talking about '85 models? I have an 85 Berlina and it doesnt have the sliding locks..
Technicially yes thats true but even the ppl that work at Holden say "if the VK has a Borg Warner diff, its a series 2"
Also it seems that all VKs was still optioned for slide locks.

X

xu1au

all i can say mate is the vb is very easy to get into all u need as u know is that 1 key,,need good alarm system or emobiloser,had my vc broken into twice,,

The_Fallen_One_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
VH dash

have taken the glove box and the lower dash section out. but are struggling with the instrument cluster and the top of the dash. dus anyone have pics that could help.

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
stoopid question.. are they easy to install ( VB )

attachment.php

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
Spike79 said:
Juzza, just a couple of cheap ways that may stop your car getting nicked.

1. Get a good club lock. ($30-$40)

2. Get a small padlock and put it on the gear-shifter between the handle and lever. Then you can't raise the lever to move it out of Park. ($5)

3. If you can be bothered, whenever you leave your car somewhere open the bonnet, unclip the distributor cap, remove the rotor, clip the distibutor cap back up, close the bonnet and put the rotor in your pocket! They can't nick you car unless they've got a tow truck or they happen to have a spare rotor in their pocket!(Like me) Removing the lead that runs from the coil to the distibutor will do the job too! (Costs nothing, Just time)
I have been modding my VK for some time now and it must look ok cuz people keep trying to nick it. I do the coil lead thing though you do get some weird looks walking around the shops with a spark lead hanging out of your pocket. lol
I just throw it in the boot.
Kain