Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loud Noise

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Ok when I'm driving and I step on the accelerator to go a bit faster and the Auto automatically changes gears, the gear changing has become rough. Often a bump can be felt when I change gears..

What's worse is, sometimes I hear this HUGE popping noise in a gear change.. I know it's doing it when I step on the accelerator, but sometimes it just randomly happens, I'm guessing it's automatically downshifting then..

But the sound is a huge POP.. Think about a balloon popping, just heaps louder. I thought it was a blow out at first, but all my tires are fine..

The really loud pop is coming from the front passenger side of the car. Oh and the car also just turned itself off in the middle of an 80km road.. I pushed the accelerator, heard a big pop and the car turned off..

Any idea what the problem is? It's really a concern..

Cheers..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
I dunno.. It starts just fine.. I just changed plugs.. It's just a big loud POP..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
I just checked my Auto Trans fluid level, F*CKING NON EXISTANT.. I put a litre in, just to get it to the normal level.. Not good considering I had my car serviced by a mechanic in August..

But the gear changes have become a lot smoother, but it still made that huge resounding, echoing BANG noise..

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
well, giv the trans fluid a chance to get around itself. take it for about 10mins drive, and see if the level is around the same. maybe someone shouldnt have been doing stand-stills, or trying too ay???

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Flower_Boy said:
well, giv the trans fluid a chance to get around itself. take it for about 10mins drive, and see if the level is around the same. maybe someone shouldnt have been doing stand-stills, or trying too ay???
Could that be the problem? I was worried about that.. If my fake burnouts caused this..