Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loudest commo SEDAN in aus

lunchbox.inc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 caprice
hi Lunchbox :p

yeah, see, I already had the argument that a sedan will never be louder... they didn't get it...

on a non- audio based forum i expect to see some errors in judgement, and some misinformed answer in the audio section, but this just shocked me!! i can't even get my head around some of the thinking!! but oh well, they'll learn the hard way... lol

guess i'll be posting here a bit more often, helping out people with correct info etc, plus hopefully getting some decent performance based help for the caprice i just picked up! lol

lunchbox.inc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 caprice
nah man, a mate of mine was doing was doing 162db off just one of those subs, you've got 2 of them so you should be twice as loud!! 324db AT LEAST!!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
if people think im talking **** ask holden boy to call his mate rohan who is good mates with one of the other guys at the comp and call kon from db drags too while your at it hahaha

Good result with the 151.1 mate.

Not sure if i am willing to call holden boy, get him to call his mate rohan to get hold of his good mate who was one of the other guys at a comp to confirm your story (then call kon). LOL

Any pics of the setup?

lunchbox.inc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 caprice
wait, ammojammo = skinnyguy/tdwm/vloud/james.... your pretty much just everywhere aren't you? lol

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
LOL @ where this thread has gone.....

Sedans and wagons are equally hard to get loud IN STREET CLASSES in my opinion. VN-VS wagons only allow a maximum box height of 28cm, 30 if you take out the spare wheel cover. Sedans dont allow alot of airflow into the cabin, but they do provide more options for sub box placement and positioning.

Congrats on the 151s in SSNW, i bet theres a few more DB in it though ;)
Loudest sedan in Australia would still be Andrew Jackson i think, 158-159s??

lunchbox.inc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 caprice
i somewhat agree with you holdenboy, street classes are hard to get loud in no matter what, but you can't tell me that the equivalent gear in both a wagon, and a sedan will make the same numbers, especially an IN BOOT build... a boot wall setup will obviously net higher gains than an in boot style build, but thats not what we're talking about...

what car did Andu use for his SSNW scores, i can't for the life of me remember what it was UGH!

either way, i'd LOVE to see some install pics, i've been hearing about this car for FAR too long to have not seen a single pic, it makes me a sad panda... :(