Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low washer fluid warning

davidw_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V MY14
Hi All

I was just looking through the manual for all the DIC warnings (because I had a "Change oil soon" warning appear even though the car was serviced 2 months ago and has done only 3,000 kms since...) and it says there is a warning for when the windscreen washer fluid is low. I can recall 2 times when I had no fluid left, yet I have never seen this warning. Has anyone seen the 'low windscreen washer fluid' warning? Wondering if it's a feature in the manual that's not on or available, or if mine doesn't work.

Thanks
David
2013 MY2014 Calais V sedan, V6

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I have the same car as you and have run out of fluid with no warning.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
We had an N14 Pulsar which had this feature. Great idea! The missus would give me a heads up when the light came on so I could top up the washers. Never run out!

tabac

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Calais V V8
Hey I'm wondering if anyone has had the washer fluid warning come up in my Calais v I've never seen it come up so is it a myth?
Thanks

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Hey I'm wondering if anyone has had the washer fluid warning come up in my Calais v I've never seen it come up so is it a myth?
Thanks

I have a 2014 CalaisV v8. Never seen the warning but can't recall running dry. I notice in the manual 5-32 says the message "may" display. All the other warning say "is displayed" not "may". Might need certain stars to align to move it from may to will. :)

tabac

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Calais V V8
Yeah that's what I read as well would be nice to know what would be required for it to display I've run the tank dry and nothing shows up.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
My tank is currently dry, no such warning. Would have been nice to know though, instead of murdering the wiper blades this morning when I tried to clean the windscreen. I don't recall seeing a sensor plugged into the washer res either.

GXP25

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GXP
It's funny because the VE connectors in the service manual shows that for RPO codes TT7, TT8, and EF7, there's a level siwtch that's meant to signal the instrument panel.

lwf1-jpg.192955

lwf2-jpg.192957

lwf3-jpg.192958

lwf4-jpg.192959

Attachments

• lwf1.jpg
    lwf1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,008
  • lwf2.jpg
    lwf2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 974
  • lwf3.jpg
    lwf3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 988
  • lwf4.jpg
    lwf4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 942

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I saw it the other day in a Caprice. Only displayed once when I got in the car and once reset on the stalk, it didn't remind me again. I can't recall this in my CalaisV and not in the SS yet but I hardly even let the car run out of washer water.