Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered Clubby with coilovers - Camber kit or no?

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
Hi all. I did a search on this but didn't really get what I was after. I got a wheel alignment on my Clubby after I lowered it using coilovers. The guy said the rears could do with a little more negative camber and it was at it's adjustment limits. Do you think I should get an aftermarket camber kit? If so, do you have any recommendations productwise and also a place where I could get it done around the eastern suburbs in VIC?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

456adam

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Why do you want more camber in the first place? Fitment? Guard clearance? Lower it more and get free camber.

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
I assume the guy mentioned it so as I get even tyre wear. Does that make sense? Suspension and alignment is probably my weakness when it comes to cars!

456adam

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Sorry mate I'm with you now, got the wording mixed up, you normally want less negative camber for better tyre wear.

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
Thanks for your reply. I might go back to him and get him to clarify it for me. Cheers.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
So my 08 clubbie is sitting at 345mm eyebrow height in the rear and my camber is maxed out at -1.5 degrees. To better align the wheels you can either buy camber bolts (only seen them in G8s) and superpro sell camber arms. The camber arms have about 40mm of adjust ment in them and should fix your issues. Superpro are a sponsor on here.

vq~gangsta

Resident science geek
Reaction score
Website
www.mbs.adelaide.edu.au
Members Ride
VE 3.0 SIDI ex-cop
I've heard it's really common to need the strut top camber adjustment kit when you have a lowered VE with coilovers, they even advertise them on ebay as being for coilovers