Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowered - exhaust fscked

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
so i got my car lowered about a year or so ago, and since then ive scraped many times, some very nasty

its gotten to the point where ibl ive fscked my exhaust and either cracked it or severly de-rounded it so my power delivery feels strange at points and the engine is sounding huskier under acceleration

ill be jacking it up to have a thorough look when this rain clears but im wondering, would it even be worth replacing as its going to get smashed again at some stage no doubt

are after market exhausts stronger/thicker?
when you get an after market exhaust on a vz, do they have any more clearance than stock?
apart from caution, is there anything else to do to stop such damage?

also, in the event that ill be replacing it, ill be going the same size again (as ibl any bigger may sound stupid), can anyone tell me the stock size on 175 vz?

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
That sounds nasty, how low is your car? For your stock exhaust to be scraping it must be dumped on its ass!

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
quite simple really mate, your car is TOO low..

for a stock exhaust to be scraping on the ground that bad you need to lift it up a LOT... Maybe a picture of your car would explain a lot more, if i was you i wouldnt be changing exhausts untill you look at the reason its farooked

Besides.. car's that have been "Dumped" i think, are cosmetically unappealing, uncomfortable ride and cause unnecessary damage, which you have found out..

Good luck mate, exhausts arent a cheap/easy fix

Last edited:

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Dmar, sounds like your car is very low. if you want to keep it that low a option could be to get an aftermarket exhaust.

Apparently twin 2.25" exhaust sound the best on alloytechs. if cars are limited with height off the road people get hotdog style mufflers/resonators so they dont scrape.

a catback exhaust usually costs from $300 - $400

Hope this helps.

ZOMBIE

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
How havn't you been yellow stickered for Ride Height? LOL. It's pretty dangerous driving that low. Especially for the muffler to scrape because VZ boots sit pretty high up even when they're lowered/dumped.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
mine isnt dumped real low but coffs harbour has some pretty big speed bumps and stupidly steep gutters in driveways
mine sometimes even scrapes on tar push outs from trucks
its only my "baffles" that scrape most of the time but every now and then i get side skirt scrap (got the fuel tank once or twice) i guess all im trying to say is it isnt always how low the car is in my case its how S*** the roads are

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
my cats cop a battering... and they are as high up as they can go... magnaflow 2.5" round body

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
who cares, take it off ;)