Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowered my vt today.

UPLAWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VT Commodore Equipe
shocks will make it bumpier mate - well more of little bumps rather than big ones if you go good shocks....cuz they stiffen the car up so when you go over bumps is wont sort of wave down and **** your wheels up....its hard to explain cuz i cant talk over the internet very well haha

but shorter shocks ( racing shocks ) will not help at all, they will make it tougher and bumpier but it will be for a good reason

UPLAWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VT Commodore Equipe
yeah this is it

lol, looks nice....mine was i can say, lower than that when i got my vt lowered...i had 16 inch stock rims i bought the car with and you could barely see the tyres on the back, basically was touching rim....but as soon as i got 19s i realised it was good haha

dont stress about bumps dude cuz you will eventually get used to it, i barely realise these days

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
... unlikely that changing shocks will fix the bumpiness, considering you're probably hitting the bump stops :p

wouldn't lowering a vt that much cause crazy negative rear camber issues?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
shocks will make it bumpier mate - well more of little bumps rather than big ones if you go good shocks....cuz they stiffen the car up so when you go over bumps is wont sort of wave down and **** your wheels up....its hard to explain cuz i cant talk over the internet very well haha

but shorter shocks ( racing shocks ) will not help at all, they will make it tougher and bumpier but it will be for a good reason

sorry mate, gonna have to disagree with you there..

a shocker has a set operation range, which is match to the springs at factory to give the best ride and balance between handling and comfort. now lowering a car on standard shocks moves the range of movement outside of the standard shocks operational range. so its not really doing its job..
now theres a difference in sports shocks and shorter shocks.. sports shocks are stiffer yes, but will give you a better ride then standard height ones working out of its range.. you can drop in standard shorter shocks (from another model) under your car to essentially give you the same ride from factory, but at a lower height, yes its not exactly the same coz of the stiffer lower springs, but i hope u catch my drift.. a shorter standard shock will work, coz its still going to operate where its meant to.. the shorter shock will be physically few inches shorter ..

for both handling and ride comfort, changing ur shocks DOES make a huge difference :D

oh and remember, the bigger rim u get, the less rubber u get, aiding in helping you feel every god damn ant u run over! :p

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
the springs might soften a tad over time, but if it is too harsh change them because you will end up with cracks in your floor pan and a very rattly interior too.

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
are they ultra lows? either way mate ur gonna cop a canary with a car that looks like that

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
my car is probably that low have had it 1year like that, but yeh get some good shocks, and a 4point camber kit..

Im sure your camber is shocking, when I didnt have a camber kit my 15"s on the back were gone within 5,000k's

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
well im getting 20's in about 7 weeks but i have too go on a trip soon too sydney so ill replace with superlows and drive up, i went too put superlows in today but the springs are trapped now even when i jacked it up, i cant get them out even with clamps. i dont understand why they are still trapped ?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
You got some bodys in the boot lol:D.. Maybe them larger rims will help but maybe until then stick your olds in the rear till your back. At least that way you wont be pulled over and defected.

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
well im getting 20's in about 7 weeks but i have too go on a trip soon too sydney so ill replace with superlows and drive up, i went too put superlows in today but the springs are trapped now even when i jacked it up, i cant get them out even with clamps. i dont understand why they are still trapped ?

undo the lower shocker bolts and the swing arms will drop a bit more