Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered suspension on VY - Camber castor kit reqd?

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
Sorry JESTERARTS yes you are correct im bad...

Thats the one Camber/toe kit Nolathane
He is the sheet for the VY model Redranger Nolathane for longer life suspension systems
This might help..... IRS Camber kit code: 46138A VY has stock toe adj.

I have some problems with high speed vibration so i wanted to align front and back this could maybe help with your rubbing aswell......

Im ringing them tommorrow for a $$$$ will post... REPCO you can buy but they order it in.

PS.. i was looking at getting the hole kit F/R Enhancement kit.

RIK.....

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ Yep cool... if you have high speed vibration it could also be a wheel that needs balancing.

Also... though I wouldn't think it would happen in a VY since it's a fairly young car...

Final note and this is more personal experience... unless you have a mate workin at repco that can do you trade price... don't go through them.

In my experience, recpco mark up alot on their stock so try and cut them out as the middle man.

Good luck!

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
gday peoples just an update.......

Spoke to repco and the Nolathane Enchancement Kits F/R are $752 which includes : control arm lower inner / strut mount / strut bar to chassis caster adj / strut bar to control arm / sway bar upper link all for front end. Control arm outer / Camber adj kit / sway bar link all for the rear.

While i was there i got a $ for the rear crossmember mount $190 and the front steering rack/pinion $22

The product codes are F/R Enchancement Kit EVOCOM5
Crossmember mount rear 49145 and Steering rack/pinion 41105

I hope this helps all you peoples that are lowering there suspension....

RIK...

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
gday peoples just an update.......

Spoke to repco and the Nolathane Enchancement Kits F/R are $752 which includes : control arm lower inner / strut mount / strut bar to chassis caster adj / strut bar to control arm / sway bar upper link all for front end. Control arm outer / Camber adj kit / sway bar link all for the rear.

While i was there i got a $ for the rear crossmember mount $190 and the front steering rack/pinion $22

The product codes are F/R Enchancement Kit EVOCOM5
Crossmember mount rear 49145 and Steering rack/pinion 41105

I hope this helps all you peoples that are lowering there suspension....

RIK...

You forgot the other $800 labour for a shop to fit all that stuff up too. It is worth every cent though. I've got all these bits on my car and they are very very nice. Did the install with a mate and I can see why the shops charge a packet. It's a p.i.t.a. job lol

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Hey guys,

Still got quite a few steering issues here. :(

I simply cannot drive in a straight line. My car constantly pulls to the left, and is just impossible to handle. It's getting quite dangerous, I think.
I took it to a local shop, they went for a bit of a drive and determined that my castor rod bushes need replacing.
I read a thread on here awhile ago (trying to dig up the link, but I'm failing miserably) which said that the radius rod bushes and the castor rod bushes are one in the same? Would that be correct? Also, would worn castor rod bushes relate to the symptoms described above?

Thanks. : )

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Yep Castor/ Radius rod bushes are the same thing. They are a half hour DIY job with the car on the ground. Nolathane ones are adjustable and half the price of the OEM piece of crap. Get them done and don't forget some Loctite red on the retaining plate nuts. There's alot of vibes there

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Thanks for the info chargedvx6, most appreciated. I don't suppose that the RADIAL rod bushes and RADIUS rod bushes are one in the same? Simply going off the similarity in their names. :D
I had my RADIAL rod bushes replaced less than 5000km ago. If they are the same, I'd be quite surprised that this shop is telling me to replace them.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
No radial rod on a VY. They would have mis spelt it IMO. The OEM Radius bushes are oil filled and are sensitive to gutter knocks and overly hard driving. I've popped on in less than 5000kms so it's not out of the question. Just go Nolathanes/ Noltec etc. They are much nicer to drive with.

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Thank you for your helpful and valuable information once agian, chargedvx6.

I've been quoted $300 to have my castor bushes replaced (which is inclusive of parts, labour and a wheel alignment). Does this sound about right?

Thanks. : )

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Yep that's about right. Make sure they are Nolathanes or you will be getting the job done again in a year