Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a Caprice with FE2 Suspension

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
std suspension is listed as fe1 in the parts catalouges..... it is standard suspension chill out huh?
private messages and all that not required on this one ;)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The holden dealers and holden spare parts have both told me before when I was enquiring about changing suspension from standard to FE2 on my vs, that theres no such thing as FE1,Its just STD suspension or FE2 sports suspension mentioned in their books or on their computers for the VS.They reckon theres no mention of FE1 and they had never heard of it before.Its even got STD on the plate on the car,theres no STK ,i dont know where that came from.Typical bloody useless holden mechanics,they all say something different to eachother depending on who you ask or which dealer you go to.Ive even had conflicting answers before between the holden mechanics,the holden workshop manager and the holden spare parts guys.They all said something different to eachother.

Last edited:

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
i pmed you with proof of fe1 in a service information listing will you stop now? :rant:
and after all its just a termanology like a rose by any other name still smells as sweet!~

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Anyone can write that and post it and send it,so I wouldnt class it as proof..Im only saying what the holden dealers told me around here..As Ive said,Ive had lots of problems where one holden worker says one thing,then another will say something contradicting the other guy.I wouldnt know who to believe.

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
lol settle down you two, no need to get nasty at each other

anyways,

ive also been thinking about getting king spring SL's all round

what would the height difference between fe2's and the SL's be?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
not sure of exact measurements it would be another inch or two id imagine
sl generally require just a little bit more adjustment to wheel alignment than fe2's so it has to be lower then fe2

ffs its just a name bro id give you the link to that proof to see it but you dont have a password..ffs