Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a ve on stock rims

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Hi Guys,

Has anyone lowered their VE Commodore and left it running on the stock rims? ie 18inch in my case
I know alot of people go for the 20inch option but just wondering what you think and if they look half decent when its dropped. Also any pics would be great.

Cheers

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
I did mine the other week - long day i must say but saved a fair bit of cash and it was rewarding doing it yourself. although i was pretty quick to throw some 20s on soon after. it does look a lot better , and also the car isnt sitting so high up , big difference. i chucked on ultra lows on the rear and super super low on the front, as to keep the car level.

Attachments

• ver.jpg
    ver.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 2,087

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
yeah i had mine lowered on SSSL's and the stock 18's for around 2 months ... it looks ok i guess ... but i like the 20's much better ...

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
It'll look fine, the VE have large holes to suit large wheels like 22's but the car will still look great sitting low on 18's. Know different to when my VP was SSSL on 15's still looks good because its sitting on the factory wheels

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
I did mine the other week - long day i must say but saved a fair bit of cash and it was rewarding doing it yourself. although i was pretty quick to throw some 20s on soon after. it does look a lot better , and also the car isnt sitting so high up , big difference. i chucked on ultra lows on the rear and super super low on the front, as to keep the car level.

Nice as, im quite happy with that look, how does it ride in your opinion?

Yours to Astroham, apart from the looks were you happy with how it felt in everyday driving?

thanks

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
I think it looks 100x better lowered anyway :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
yeah it rides heaps well , i was very happy with how it felt . even a few mates commented on how comfortable she still was aside the mean look. i took her down to wollongong and on the highway the car still handled so well , i felt a little more secure doing high speeds when she was lowered in compared to it being original height. everyday driving wont change , youll be very happy with it once its done. FYI im using stock struts still too

a must do in my eyes , ultras rear and ssl fronts

my 2cs, cheers

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
ive got my wagon on superlows all round with the stock wheels on it, looks sweet when shes polished and clean but im putting 20s on it soon

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
ive got my wagon on superlows all round with the stock wheels on it, looks sweet when shes polished and clean but im putting 20s on it soon

Nice as, no scrubbing at all? Do you have a pic mate?

Cheers