Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering and exhaust

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
i know there are many threads about what im asking but just want to get a bit more info about what im looking for.

ok with lowering, my vx berlina has irs all i need is to have a caster camber kit and i should be safe when lowering my beast to say i think i discussed with the guy superlows, all i can remember is its going to be around 2 inches from the ground, but of course the back is going to be a little higher which shouldnt be noticable cause of the gas tank. would towing be a trouble if its going to be this low, like i know a caravan is out of the question but for like towing a boat or a decent size trailer i should be fine? qoute for lowering is going to be $395 all up front and back, is that a good price for king springs?

now with exhaust i have a gen3 motor and wondering what sort of exhaust system i should get, i would like extractors, but the price range for that is out of the question at moment, i just want to bring a better sound out than the hsv exhaust system i have on at moment. all i know is that a 2 1/2 inch system twin is the best for me at the moment since im not in any hurry to modding the motor. price for that is around $560. is there any special brand i should be looking for or just anything thats a twin sports exhaust.

these prices are apparently trade prices but if i can get a better price that would be even better.

hope all this reading doesnt strain ya head. ive did a search for exhausts on here couldnt find alot or anything i thought that could help me out. lowering ive had a bit of reading but just want to ask a few more questions.

Thanks,

bennzy

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey mate whats crackin??
in regard to the lowering, im guessing u made a typo with the "2 inchs from the ground" comment as SL is not even remotely in that ball park.... Kings lowest springs are SSSL and i've got those on my babe and she is still like a good 4 inchs from the ground.
I think u ment that its gonna to be 2 inches lower TO the ground.
On SL u can tow anything u want, and if u want to make sure u can still tow stuff then get the HD rear spring, from what i remember my supplier said they would be the same price as the standard ones. THough with that u will have a harsher ride in the back seat.

On the exhaust i rally can say much caus i only have a 6 banger so yeah.
Brand wise thouhg Lukey is pretty good from what i've been hearing but anyone feel free to correct me.

Neways, good luck with it mate, keep us posted