Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering my Berlina, Shocks & Springs advice

SSGAMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VE Berlina
Hey guys,

I want to lower my Berlina. I have a V6, I have been told I can only go to Super Low height with the king springs, i was told there were 3 heights available. Low, Super Low, Ultra Low. Bout the middle would suit me fine. This is a family sedan and only want it to look nice with the set of 20's I just put on it.

Now the question is that when I put the king springs on, do I need new shocks as well? Will the ride be **** house?

I was given shocks off an SS, could I use those? they are like new..or should I buy new shocks to suit the springs or springs only would be fine....opinions would be grateful guys as I am not mechanically minded...

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Greg from GSL Rally Sport has given me 2 options of kings spring with boge shocks or king springs with KYB shocks. I think the boge's were $695 and KYB was $750. Boge's are suited for comfort while KYB is more sporty. I've heard some people complain about stock shocks with lowered springs. Oh and super low springs will make the car low and leveled.

SSGAMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VE Berlina
What about if I put Shocks from an SS on with springs? Are SS shocks any good? Or something what has been suggested above better?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not good enough - mine is an SS - the shock body is too long and they are not sufficiently damped to control the shorter springs with higher spring rates. FE2 (SS) shocks are matched to FE2 springs. You'll need to get shocks matched to aftermarket springs. Greg will be able to sort you out.

Joey24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hey mate,

I also have a VE Berlina with superlows and the car sits level. I would definately recommend superlows all round. In relation to the shocks I kept the stock shocks in and it was the worst mistake I made. I will be changing my shocks as I can not stand the rough ride any more.

Definately get some shortened shocks.

Cheers.

SSGAMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VE Berlina
Hey Joe have you got any photos OG your ride with the superlows all-round?

SSGAMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VE Berlina
^^^^ sorry I meant Joey