Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering price??

cjcrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
hey buddy, i got my vt lowered and all up was $2,000. Thta included new shocks in the rear, new struts for the front, new springs all the way round as well as a 4 point camber kit and new bush kit. So it depends on wat u wanna go. If you just go springs the ride will be rougher but its a hell of a lot cheaper. Need to work out your budget and then decide what you want. Hope that helps.

pauly88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S pack
yeh mate thats a good quote, i lowered mine for $390 except for the wheel alignment my mechanic fitted the king springs i supplied them to him, all i need now is to go pay round $60 for a wheel alignment. if you dont wana do the running round lookn for springs then yeh its a good price

Last edited:

batty_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY
ohk sweet... well i got quoted today for camber, struts and everything all the springs, $1,100 think im gunna go with that

cheers for all ya help fellas

blwnvt

{-_-}
Reaction score
Members Ride
s/c vt berlina
is it really necersery to change the rear shocks 4 superlows in the back? i had ssl in my old vt at the rears and and sl in d front and never had n e problems

batty_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY
well first thing they aske me was how many k's was on teh car and i said 135k and they said u might get away with it u might not.. all VT's are different they said ther's no way of telling if ill need all that sstuff without pullin my front end off

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
ohk sweet... well i got quoted today for camber, struts and everything all the springs, $1,100 think im gunna go with that

cheers for all ya help fellas

That's not a bad price.

is it really necersery to change the rear shocks 4 superlows in the back? i had ssl in my old vt at the rears and and sl in d front and never had n e problems

I think so. You've got standard length shocks with superlow springs. Therefore the shocks are already sitting below their 'normal' extended length. As a result they have much less room to move to do their job effectively. Hit a good pothole and they will bottom out.

well first thing they aske me was how many k's was on teh car and i said 135k and they said u might get away with it u might not.. all VT's are different they said ther's no way of telling if ill need all that sstuff without pullin my front end off

May as well. No point in paying the labour for two jobs when you can do it once. What brand and model are the shocks and struts?

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
I got King Springs super lows $220 for fronts(KHFL-47SL) & rears(KHRL-46SL),Fitted for $162 & a wheel alignment for $38.

All up cost me $420 which i was pretty happy with.

Dont over pay for springs.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
I've got new king lows and monroe gt shocks and struts. Apparently I'm not trusted to install them so I'm wondering how much installation will cost. I'm in forest lake near brisbane. If anyone can recommend somewhere or wants to do it for a few cartons (obviously you must be proficient) then let me know. Car is a VX2 V6.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Hey guys i got a quote from a shop to lower my car on king springs wit a mandatory wheel balance for $495...

just wondering if im getting ripped or anything? or is that a competitive price??

Fair price but you'll need a 4 point camber kit to preserve the rears and make use of the new found traction.

VXII got better rear camber adjustment that you just can't get out of a VT