Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering questions VE ute

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Anyone with a ute have sl on the front and ssl on the rear with shocks? Keen to see some pictures.

Want to go ssl front and sssl rear with shocks but hearing it handles and feels like crap. Purchasing in the next couple of days, so not sure which way to go.

ssvute20mar1310smfrontraised.jpg

Thats Wonky's ute off the LS1 forums on ssl and sssl. Would you still be able to put a motorbike in the back without it scrubbing? And will I need to roll the gaurds?

Cheers guys!

1BEAST2NV

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 (MY09) VE R8 6.2ltr M6 475rwhp
I dont see why not, and it will depend on the offset on your rims to weather they'll scrub or not.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
your 20' x 8.5' rims will not scrub with sssl rear, i had that combo on my last ute (ve). 9.5 will depending on the offset such as wonky's. ive gone for ssl allround this time the diff in the rear is about 1/2 inch and yes you will be able to cart your bike with ssl's, sssl might be a stretch but will not scrub just sag more in the arse. if you go for the kings springs and monroe gt sport combo they handle well no matter what height and are good value for the money. i highly recommend that if you are doing both shocks and springs that you replace the front strut top bushes as well. the factory ones are rubbish and lowering them will fcuk them in no time. i use fulcrim super pros. hope this helps

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Het mate, any pics of your ride? And where did you get the strut top bushes? I'm thinking I might opt for SSL all round on boge shocks, because sssl on the rears with anything in the back does sound like abit of a stretch.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
Het mate, any pics of your ride? And where did you get the strut top bushes? I'm thinking I might opt for SSL all round on boge shocks, because sssl on the rears with anything in the back does sound like abit of a stretch.

if you pm me ur email add- no hotmail etc.. ive tried to send to another member and it doesnt work for some reason- id be happy to post some pics. the bushes,shocks and springs i got from my local fulcrim suspension shop. the monroes are a better match because they have been developed specificly for kings springs

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Wonky's ute has the guards rolled and he has to be very careful around speedhumps etc (he also never puts any weight in the back).

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
if you pm me ur email add- no hotmail etc.. ive tried to send to another member and it doesnt work for some reason- id be happy to post some pics. the bushes,shocks and springs i got from my local fulcrim suspension shop. the monroes are a better match because they have been developed specificly for kings springs

The place I'm getting them from can't get me a good deal on monroes, the boge normally are a tad more expensive. Might look into getting them anyway.
I'll pm you mate. Cheers for the help!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Wonky's ute has the guards rolled and he has to be very careful around speedhumps etc (he also never puts any weight in the back).

Is that because the rims are bigger then 8.5"?? Yeah looking like SSL rear is the way to go.