Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering quotes VE ute

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Had a few quotes

$950 for 4x springs 4x shocks. King springs lowered 30mm front, 50mm back. FITTED.

$680 for 4x springs 4x shocks. King springs lowered 30mm front, 50mm back. NOT-fitted.

$450 for 4xsprings. King springs lowered 30mm front, 50mm back. FITTED

And $430 4xsprings 2x rear shocks. King springs lowered 30mm front, 50mm back. NOT FITTED.

Anyone know if these are good prices? Can also buy 4x springs off ebay for $230. I'm leaning towards the $450 as I was told I probably won't need shocks. Thoughts?

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
a) dont worry about shocks. you arent dropping it on its arse, and 1" less play in the standard shocks is still plenty of room to move. I have standard shocks with lowered springs (about 30mm) and havent hit the bump stop once.

b) pedders sportryders. $600 installed with wheel alignment. no clicking, no squeeking. i had king springs on a previous car and they rattled and squeeked like all buggery. maybe just me, but 3 from 3 on pedders springs (current wagon, suby, and charade) and I havent had a problem.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
im in canberra bud- woden pedders did a fine job.

but like all car workshops, i reckon it depends less on brand on the door vs quality of work.
I dealt with a pedders franchise in sydney and was very disappointed with the customer service. product was fine, but they were arses.

pop in to a few pedders guys in vic and get a taste for who they are before you give them cash.

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
does anyone know where i can get SSL king springs with Monroe sports shocks installed for under $1000?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
ok cheers UFO!! Ill see if I can get quotes on those also. As far as installation and alignment, I can get king springs x4 for around $220, so does $230 sound fair for installation??

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
[QW-11-KE];1658156 said:
does anyone know where i can get SSL king springs with Monroe sports shocks installed for under $1000?

i can do it for $930.00 but im in melbourne.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
youll want shocks on the rear if youre going lower than 30mm

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
a) dont worry about shocks. you arent dropping it on its arse, and 1" less play in the standard shocks is still plenty of room to move. I have standard shocks with lowered springs (about 30mm) and havent hit the bump stop once.

b) pedders sportryders. $600 installed with wheel alignment. no clicking, no squeeking. i had king springs on a previous car and they rattled and squeeked like all buggery. maybe just me, but 3 from 3 on pedders springs (current wagon, suby, and charade) and I havent had a problem.

Pedders Sportryders is what i've got on my SS, standard shocks still too. $600
They are good :thumbsup: definitely wouldn't want it any lower, especially with my new exhaust.

In saying that though, i never had any issues with my king springs on previous cars.

I've never fitted Suspension before but i've heard it is a pain in the ass so i would be paying extra for fitment.