Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering ve sv6

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
Cheers mate! Ill see if I can find a pic.
Definately lower first then if u want get new rims later. New rims and not lowered looks real bad imo, need to get the 4wd look out of it first :)

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
m05tw4nt3d, handles great im quite happy with it. the rear end just looks horn! I was initaily aiming for the tyers to be inline with the arch of the guard. But you would need to get SSSLs for that, and then also preferably need new shocks. Front might still look a tad on the high side for some with the 35mm drop.

But on the plus side, i have no issues over speed bumps with the car full with peeps, no bottoming out, no guard rash, and its was super cheap. $600 isnt too bad, just make sure they do a full wheel and camber alignment, preferably pick up the car when the lowered it, drive it around for a day or 2, and then get them to do the alignment once things are settled in a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_2049.jpg
    IMG_2049.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,108

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
That's true, any feedback on the pedders sports rider pack? there flogging that on tv quite a bit lately.. but I do like the height you have phil.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
philsv6 - Did you keep the same rake as stock or did you drop the back a little more? Are you happy with the ride both in the front seats and rear? And I know this is going to sound somewhat stupid but did it affect the angle of the light beam at all? Any chance you could post up the SportsRyder part no's? Cheers.

Last edited:

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
Its Pedders std spring pack for around 35mm drop, sorry no part numbers anymore, but if you give them a call, they will tell you. Its an off the shelf front and rear matching combo. I did find the front dropped a fraction less than the back, does it affect my high beams, well i drive with them on many of times and its perfectly fine.

Overall im really happy with the ride front and rear, the handling is great, (ve sv6 was really good to begin with imo) but dont expect huge differences over the stock springs, all your really getting is better looks, posibly a fraction firmer ride, and when you get in the car it feels lower.

If you get the super super super lows, about 50mm drop, which youll also want to replace the shocks, then expect significant changes in handling,
somthing i didnt want to do, looks a tad better, but slightly more cost, and them speedhumps and curbs :S :S

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Thanks man excellent info and much appreciated. :)